Cod opening 2012

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Rod Bender

Re: Cod opening 2012

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Nice report! Myself and a mate tried the Goulburn at Shepp (boat ramp at the causeway bridge) from about 8.30pm until 10pm. My mate had 2 rods, cheese and yabbies and grubs for bait. I just used one rod with shrimp. Not one fish between us! Thought we would have had a show with the carp and honestly for a five minute drive from home I would have been happy with some carp action! This was the 6th consecutive fishless trip I have done! Considering three of the trips were in carp infested rivers / creeks and two of the trips were in the local channels chasing redfin it is starting to get a bit worrying!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 pm

I've had plenty of runs like that myself Jim,thats what makes fishing for natives so much fun,you never know what is gonna happen next trip,thats why i keep doing it. :thumbsup:

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 pm

drew 2 wrote:I've had plenty of runs like that myself Jim,thats what makes fishing for natives so much fun,you never know what is gonna happen next trip,thats why i keep doing it. :thumbsup:
I think we have all had dry speels like that. River up, river down, too hot, too cold, should have been here last week. aaargh! At least you,re on the water and havin a go. There really is nothing better.
:water:
Cheers. Murlz
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

8BALL

Cod opening 2012

Post by 8BALL » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Was wondering If people use Yabbies when fishing for cod off the boat? Or am I better off using lures during the day ? I've never caught a cod and keen to break it this season

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 am

Yabbys are great bait for cod,the bigger the yabby the bigger the hook you use.Yabby tail also works allright. If you have never caught a cod and really want to,just use a bit of cheese,mightn't be a big one you get but it will get you one.

Return to “Australian Natives”