Removing restrictions on trout.

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Removing restrictions on trout.

Post by cobby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Bob Nudd wrote:
Basti wrote:
Bob Nudd wrote:leaving aside the fact that anglers find it fun to catch them (and the money this generates)
why would i leave it aside? that's in fact the only thing that matters.
Face it, Trout and other salmonoids are the sergeant baker of freshwater fishing. Pretty to look at, rather worthless fight unless on silly string, useable as a bait if desperate and taste very very average. All that equates to a fish that is really just a rather useless piece of ****.

Natural ecology of waterways and land should reign supreme over human enjoyment. Open slather on all ferals, via somewhat easily obtainable permit with gun in national parks and anglers destroying all feral fish without limits

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't get why they would have a closed season and stock them either.

It would make a lot more sense to stock natives.

Trout and Redfin are from my experience the best eating fresh water fish though.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 300 times

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm

cobby wrote:
Bob Nudd wrote:
Basti wrote:
Bob Nudd wrote:leaving aside the fact that anglers find it fun to catch them (and the money this generates)
why would i leave it aside? that's in fact the only thing that matters.
Face it, Trout and other salmonoids are the sergeant baker of freshwater fishing. Pretty to look at, rather worthless fight unless on silly string, useable as a bait if desperate and taste very very average. All that equates to a fish that is really just a rather useless piece of sh*t.

Natural ecology of waterways and land should reign supreme over human enjoyment. Open slather on all ferals, via somewhat easily obtainable permit with gun in national parks and anglers destroying all feral fish without limits
finally some common sense ..... I wasn't expecting that
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Bob Nudd

Post by Bob Nudd » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:07 pm

cobby wrote:Natural ecology of waterways and land should reign supreme over human enjoyment.
I hope you are not just pontificating here and wrote that from your leaf hut in the bush since obviously cities are a blight upon nature.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 300 times

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Bob Nudd wrote:
cobby wrote:Natural ecology of waterways and land should reign supreme over human enjoyment.
I hope you are not just pontificating here and wrote that from your leaf hut in the bush since obviously cities are a blight upon nature.
so what your saying is it was like living in the city and voting green :-D
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:27 pm

I remember horrifying the man in the tackle shop in NZ, when I baulked at the cost of a license to catch an invasive species.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Bob Nudd wrote:
I'd happily live as such, however in 2017 it isn't exactly feasible and in a lot of places 100% legal to do so. And anyway, we're talking about a continually introduced **** fish that inhabits an array of areas that do not suffer the degree of human destruction that inner/outer metro areas have.

Why you'd continue to advocate the ongoing destruction of our rivers and creeks by a limp wristed excuse of a fish beyond those reasons 100% selfish is beyond me

HyperX

Post by HyperX » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:03 pm

at the very least, i dont really see much point in having a restriction period and restocking them

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:26 pm

O K I,ll have a go. Everytime this subject comes up ( and it is a serial) I have a chuckle. Trout are here to stay whether they are stocked or not and nothing, nothing will change that.
The veiws that are always put forward against them are pretty much the same and are surely made by those who have never seriously experienced the joys ,in so many forms, that can be be experienced in hunting them. One only needs to follow Mepstars journeys and photos and the passion he has for his sport to see this.
This opinon in no way supports trout againt native fish, I love thm as well, and Reddies too!!
Just get real about this, all the ranting and raving and hand wringing that goes on with this subject is so much b******* , I know this won,t change opinions of those who don,t want to acknowledge the obvious ,but bugger it,enough is enough.
Blue
Come on Adrian, Mick and others, how about a bit of support .
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

walk the streams

Post by walk the streams » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Its a silly debate, so many rivers already carry healthy stocks of both trout and natives. Think the Murray, the Murrumbidgee, Cudgewa, Ovens, King. Kiewa, Buffalo etc etc etc. All contain mighty populations of both species, with the trout in the higher reaches and cooler water, and the natives well down stream in the slower warmer sections. Removing the trout populations from these streams will simply leave the cooler higher reaches barren of fish. We should all be grateful that its possible to spend a day wading the upper limits catching trout, then drop down to the lower reaches to throw surface lures at cod of an evening. Some people really are hard to please

Return to “Australian Natives”