Removing restrictions on trout.

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Marty.A

Re: Removing restrictions on trout.

Post by Marty.A » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Blue wrote:O K I,ll have a go. Everytime this subject comes up ( and it is a serial) I have a chuckle. Trout are here to stay whether they are stocked or not and nothing, nothing will change that.
The veiws that are always put forward against them are pretty much the same and are surely made by those who have never seriously experienced the joys ,in so many forms, that can be be experienced in hunting them. One only needs to follow Mepstars journeys and photos and the passion he has for his sport to see this.
This opinon in no way supports trout againt native fish, I love thm as well, and Reddies too!!
Just get real about this, all the ranting and raving and hand wringing that goes on with this subject is so much b******* , I know this won,t change opinions of those who don,t want to acknowledge the obvious ,but bugger it,enough is enough.
Blue
Come on Adrian, Mick and others, how about a bit of support .
Maybe they don't want to be cut down by the anti trout brigade Blue,I've had many a great session on both trout and natives but I wouldn't want natives eradicated to make more room for trout or vice versa both have their place imo and each to their own to which they prefer. Eradicating trout will affect a whole fishing industry dedicated solely to them in regards to tackle and tourism which would be a big call to make.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Basti wrote:
Bob Nudd wrote:
Basti wrote:Firstly there's no such thing as reverse racism. It's either racist or it's not. Secondly applying racism to fish is ridiculous in my opinion.
what's your interpretation of OP's (an obvious troll but still) chain of thought that all non-native species should be automatically declared noxious? if that's not fish racism, i don't know what is.
i agree with him. leaving aside the fact that anglers find it fun to catch them (and the money this generates) can you name one other benefit that introduced species have had on this country?
We have fish ang chips and union jack in the flag.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Blue wrote:Trout are here to stay whether they are stocked or not and nothing, nothing will change that.
How about Pauline hanson? Do you think this introduced specie will also stay? :rofl:

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Blue wrote:O K I,ll have a go. Everytime this subject comes up ( and it is a serial) I have a chuckle. Trout are here to stay whether they are stocked or not and nothing, nothing will change that.
The veiws that are always put forward against them are pretty much the same and are surely made by those who have never seriously experienced the joys ,in so many forms, that can be be experienced in hunting them. One only needs to follow Mepstars journeys and photos and the passion he has for his sport to see this.
This opinon in no way supports trout againt native fish, I love thm as well, and Reddies too!!
Just get real about this, all the ranting and raving and hand wringing that goes on with this subject is so much b******* , I know this won,t change opinions of those who don,t want to acknowledge the obvious ,but bugger it,enough is enough.
Blue
Come on Adrian, Mick and others, how about a bit of support .
I've been through this crap before and I'm not bothering to comment on it any more as it just goes on and on and on.. 75%the comments are good the rest sound like Pauline Hanson's written it for them.. Trout are here to stay as are redfin, carp and tench and there's stuff all that is going to be done about so just live with it and get back to fishing...

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Every fish has it's place.. Every fish has it's right to live.. what it takes is proper management.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

brybry

Post by brybry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Adrian....

Hear, hear.

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Fair enough, but why stock non-natives? Why have a closed-season for them?

Here to stay? Possibly... So are rabbits and foxes and we don't see any government departments stocking them, do we?

As others have said; it's all due to the almighty dollar and probably a influential minority who seem to think that trout are some sort of golden-goose...

Mike.

Bob Nudd

Post by Bob Nudd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 pm

mingle wrote:Fair enough, but why stock non-natives? Why have a closed-season for them?
Obviously because they are more desirable to the anglers than the natives.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

You,re right Adrian, I won,t get sucked in again.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Return to “Australian Natives”