Cvlcss Eildon comp

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Cvlcss Eildon comp

Post by Redhunter » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

A mate and I attended the central vic lure casters comp at eildon on saturday. Target fish were yellas. Rules were strictly lures only, and no tying up to trees, but trolling is allowed. The siren went and we all headed down to the boats and off, from peppers point. It was a very tough day. We threw everything at them but we simply couldn't entice a strike. We headed straight for some good looking banks and began working them hard with spinnerbaits and jackalls. Then trolling along that bank and up past the next one, then back again and smashed it with spinnerbaits and jackalls again. We worked deeper areas and shallower areas, but they were shut down and not playing the game for us. Plenty of reddies about up to 23cms. Some of them were the same size as the lures we had on. The next year or two should fish very well for them.
At the end of the comp we both looked at each other puzzled, as to what we had done wrong in order to doughnut. Out of 98 competitors, only 7 or 9 (cant quite remember) yellas were caught, up to 57cms. Along with a few cod up to mid 70's or so. Tough day all round. Nonetheless it was a fun event with a top bunch of blokes. Doing this comp was a bit out of left field for me, but I don't think it'll be the last. They have a pro series, and a super series (this was round 1). Next round is at nagambie in march.

drew 2

Re: Cvlcss Eildon comp

Post by drew 2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Eildon can be like that some day's. Thank's for the report :thumbsup: Good to see so many competitor's too.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 am

Davo should enter the super series at nagambie

Nice report redhunter

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:22 am

Red I also fished the peppin point comp, was very hard I got one follow from a yella all day, 2" and 3" vibes brought the reddies on thick but none of significant size! I'll keep an eye out for u at mitchellstown ;)

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:24 am

It was a great weekend, met some top blokes I was a bit relieved to know everyone else struggled n it wasn't just me.. 105 Redfin 8 yellas and from memory two cod

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:07 am

Bugger! Would have been good to say gday. Will catch up for a brew at rnd 2 Gav!

Return to “Australian Natives”