Ovens

j_pap

Ovens

Post by j_pap » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:33 pm

In Wangaratta for Christmas. Havent done much river fishing, mainly fish ppb. Went down to the Ovens this morn and nabbed 2 murray cod, only small, one about 25cm and one about 40cm. Was pretty happy to get anything at all. Got 4 more days around here to have another crack. Very nice area :water:

Released ofcourse



Remove these ads.

User avatar
davek
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:59 am
Location: nagambie
Has liked: 129 times
Likes received: 112 times

Re: Ovens

Post by davek » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Good work mate, keep at it, there are bigger models in there, :a_goodjob: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Likes received: 496 times

Re: Ovens

Post by Lightningx » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Not bad mate. Hopefully you will get some bigger ones during your stay :)

j_pap

Re: Ovens

Post by j_pap » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

davek wrote:Good work mate, keep at it, there are bigger models in there, :a_goodjob: cheers davo
I will mate, Cheers. Its a different to what i’m used to, but really enjoyed it.

j_pap

Re: Ovens

Post by j_pap » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Lightningx wrote:Not bad mate. Hopefully you will get some bigger ones during your stay :)

Hope so buddy.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Likes received: 323 times

Re: Ovens

Post by smile0784 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Good on ya mate



Remove these ads.

j_pap

Re: Ovens

Post by j_pap » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:24 pm

:cheers:
smile0784 wrote:Good on ya mate

User avatar
Part Timer
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Ovens

Post by Part Timer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:46 pm

j_pap wrote:In Wangaratta for Christmas. Havent done much river fishing, mainly fish ppb. Went down to the Ovens this morn and nabbed 2 murray cod, only small, one about 25cm and one about 40cm. Was pretty happy to get anything at all. Got 4 more days around here to have another crack. Very nice area :water:

Released ofcourse
What bait out of interest?

j_pap

Re: Ovens

Post by j_pap » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:42 am

Part Timer wrote:
j_pap wrote:In Wangaratta for Christmas. Havent done much river fishing, mainly fish ppb. Went down to the Ovens this morn and nabbed 2 murray cod, only small, one about 25cm and one about 40cm. Was pretty happy to get anything at all. Got 4 more days around here to have another crack. Very nice area :water:

Released ofcourse
What bait out of interest?
Chicken

ifish83
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Ovens

Post by ifish83 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:01 am

Hey buddy,
Great result on chicken. What part of the ovens were you fishing at Wangaratta? I’m here for a few days but not sure where to fish?

Thanks in advance



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”