Channel meet up with April Fool

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Channel meet up with April Fool

Post by davek » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:08 pm

I met up with Jim today on one of the local channels for a chat and a bit of yella and reddie fishing. At our first stop Jim landed a 35cm Yella on a yabby. At our second stop I managed to land a 50cm Carp, a 43cm Cod and a small Reddie, all on worms.
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG
No doubt Jim will post a pic of the Yella later, a nice day in the sun for a catch up, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Channel meet up with April Fool

Post by matari » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 pm

nice job! better than i did today. Cheers Matari

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

What do you mean Jim caught a fish pics or it didn't happen.... ;-)
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:12 am

Nice report and pics :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Nice fish mate

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Was up that way yesterday doing family stuff. River is very high and running fast. Be good once it settles down. Nice fish guys.
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:22 pm

So...after the fishing disaster that was Friday evening, I ventured out Saturday with 'Dangerous Dave'. Much of the story has been told but here is the one and only fish I got!
Yella 50.jpg
As with other attempts at shrimp collecting of late...it failed! At this first location we tried it was rather slow. After we left for a second spot upstream, Daggers Dave exploded into a fish catching frenzy! Unfortunately I can still claim victory despite the fact he landed 3 fish to my one...and this is why!

I refer you to 'Rod Bender's Fishing Comp' rule book, page 1,234, sub-section 5, clause 7, paragraph 2! If any person fishing against Bender catches a species which is in closed season...it doesn't count. Therefore this removes Dave's cod from the equation!

Also, page 2.345, sub-section 46, clause 458, paragraph 23, clearly states that noxious species can not be counted. Therefore, this removes Dave's carp from his score! This then leaves Dave with a 15 cm redfin which is clearly no match for my yella! Therefore, I hereby declare myself the winner!
cheers
Team Bender
If all else fails...cheat!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:41 pm

April Fool wrote:So...after the fishing disaster that was Friday evening, I ventured out Saturday with 'Dangerous Dave'. Much of the story has been told but here is the one and only fish I got!
Yella 50.jpg
As with other attempts at shrimp collecting of late...it failed! At this first location we tried it was rather slow. After we left for a second spot upstream, Daggers Dave exploded into a fish catching frenzy! Unfortunately I can still claim victory despite the fact he landed 3 fish to my one...and this is why!

I refer you to 'Rod Bender's Fishing Comp' rule book, page 1,234, sub-section 5, clause 7, paragraph 2! If any person fishing against Bender catches a species which is in closed season...it doesn't count. Therefore this removes Dave's cod from the equation!

Also, page 2.345, sub-section 46, clause 458, paragraph 23, clearly states that noxious species can not be counted. Therefore, this removes Dave's carp from his score! This then leaves Dave with a 15 cm redfin which is clearly no match for my yella! Therefore, I hereby declare myself the winner!
cheers
Team Bender
If all else fails...cheat!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”