Camping at Barmah This Weekend

Waverley73

Camping at Barmah This Weekend

Post by Waverley73 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

Hi guys,

Me and the wife are going up to Barmah (from Melbourne) to camp and fish for the weekend coming up. I grew up on the Murray (Mildura) but haven't fished for years. Will be taking up some worms and hope to catch some shrimp once we get there. Would really love to catch a yellow belly or if we get really lucky a cod - are they still likely to be biting this time of year?

Also been told to use cheese as well so will give that a whirl - has anyone else had luck with cheese?

Lastly I will also try some soft plastics (got both lifelike shrimp and yabbies) - never use either but again has anyone else had luck pulling anything out of the mighty murray with these?

Thanks in advance.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Camping at Barmah This Weekend

Post by Texas » Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Worms & shrimp are good
And so is cheese, mozzarella stays on best, but you can use the "Condom stuff" for cubed cheese. Saw it used, but, I don't check out other blokes condoms
Cheers Gra

Waverley73

Post by Waverley73 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Texas wrote:Worms & shrimp are good
And so is cheese, mozzarella stays on best, but you can use the "Condom stuff" for cubed cheese. Saw it used, but, I don't check out other blokes condoms
Cheers Gra
Thanks for your reply Gra.

I am into cheese but not sure what this condom stuff for cubed cheese you're talking about haha. Without providing photos (no need to scare anyone) can you please explain what that is? :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Cheers Gra
:rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Waverley73 wrote:
Cheers Gra
Thanks for your reply Gra.

I am into cheese but not sure what this condom stuff for cubed cheese you're talking about haha. Without providing photos (no need to scare anyone) can you please explain what that is? :thumbsup:
Are.you talking about cheese sticks that people put in kids lunch boxes?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Waverley73 wrote:Hi guys,

Me and the wife are going up to Barmah (from Melbourne) to camp and fish for the weekend coming up. I grew up on the Murray (Mildura) but haven't fished for years. Will be taking up some worms and hope to catch some shrimp once we get there. Would really love to catch a yellow belly or if we get really lucky a cod - are they still likely to be biting this time of year?

Also been told to use cheese as well so will give that a whirl - has anyone else had luck with cheese?

Lastly I will also try some soft plastics (got both lifelike shrimp and yabbies) - never use either but again has anyone else had luck pulling anything out of the mighty murray with these?

Thanks in advance.
Good luck let us know how you go

Waverley73

Post by Waverley73 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks mate, I hope to have something to report back with.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Good luck! Hope you Guys do well :thumbsup:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm

I know a great camping spot between Cobram & Yarrawonga that always fishes well for yellas. :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Waverley73

Post by Waverley73 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Boonanza wrote:I know a great camping spot between Cobram & Yarrawonga that always fishes well for yellas. :thumbsup:
Cool mate. As we are travelling up from down Mornington Peninsula way we are trying to keep the travelling time to no more than 3 and a half hours each way so Echuca / Barmah are closest to Murray for us.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”