Murray River Boofing

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Murray River Boofing

Post by Truedogz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 pm

ecoronad wrote:How early did you start in the morning?
I usually begin flicking lures at the first hint of glow on the horizon. I also plan the area I am going to fish to be in the shadows as long as possible, ie, in the morning fish a bank on the east. The other morning I fished roughly from 5.30 to 8. I would have caught the 60 cm fish about 6 am, the one near 90 cm about 6.30, and the big one hit about a quarter to seven.
greggo wrote: I think someone's addicted!
Greggo, I enjoy all forms of surface fishing - I grew up in the 1960-70s catching trout cod off the top in the Seven Creeks, fished the Goulburn at night for trout dragging frogs across the top and caught my biggest brown on a dry fly in the Big River. Caught Bass on poppers, that's great fun. When I lived in FN Queensland I surface fished for Barra and loved chasing Jungle Perch with surface poppers. Saratoga are amazing too. Any form of surface fishing is exciting!!

My original plan was to head up to the high country on the weekend chasing trout on flies, but the poor weather changed my plans. So chasing cod in the Murray was plan B. Trout on flies in a mountain stream or boofing cod on a large river are both great forms of fishing. I think for sheer exhilaration though its hard to go past the boof of a decent cod, anything over 60 cm. You know what I a'm talking about ;-)

Not much fishing coming up for me over the next few weeks, lots of work on. I've had a great season, picked up over 50 trout on dry flies and over 60 cod on surface lures. I've been so lucky.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

Brownie

Re: Murray River Boofing

Post by Brownie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Living the life mate, good on you!

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”