Tullaroop Res

Brownie

Tullaroop Res

Post by Brownie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Decided to have a look at Tullaroop today and try my new line out, some Shimano Kairiki. Took the advice here and spent that bit extra. Damn its thin. Nice and smooth though, 8 strand, and casted really well.
Little bit of algae, 2 to 3 out of 10 on the scale. Not bad though, yet, no smell.
So I'm casting some plastics, catch a little reddie about 12 cm, get a couple of small hits. No records but having some fun.
Then this bloke rocks up. No dramas, big res right!? I'm the only person there fishing.
Oh no, he wants my exact spot and stands there with his rod ready and as soon as iv reeled in to cast again he rips it out exactly where I'm casting to. Not only hasn't this mongrel bothered to even say g,day after I did, he now does this. A Maryborough local who reckons he owns the place.
So I'm thinking, old me, knock him out :-D , but me now says suck it up let him have it and move away from him. So I say "there you go mate I'll move for you, how's that?"
Thanks from him, any decent acknowledgment? As if, he replies in the most pig way he could muster "plenty of water pal". I'm now, OK just ignore this moron. Nah, ko the clown :-D , crossed my mind but nah. But now he wants to have a conversation, does what he does, repays kindness with a scum response and wants a conversation? Im ignoring him but now he casts another line towards where iv moved to. Was that p#$%ed off I left. I was gonna snap him, seriously, five more minutes and I would have and for a fishing spot that ain't worth it. Struck a few like that there in the past, reckon they own the place cos they live there.
Anyway that was Tullaroop today. Not in a hurry to go back. :down:

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Tullaroop Res

Post by Truedogz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

You've got more patience than me mate! But it is best to walk away. Unfortunately the behaviour of people is in decline, you only have to watch the news to realise that. Still, I regularly meet really nice people who go some way to restore my faith in humanity, and that includes anglers. A while back a bloke I met on a river bank gave me a red hot tip on another spot.

Tomorrow's another day, go out and try another spot and forget about that f***wit. Life's too short to get stressed by things like that!

Best Wishes

Truedogz

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Thats just fu...n rude.
No need for that.
The place is massive.
No need to push you out of your spot.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Bugger, can you describe the fella?? I'd like to keep an eye out and start waving my rod round if he every gets close. I'll be interested in how you find the Kairiki holds up, I ran it on a couple of baitcasters in 12, 20 and 40lb and found the lines under 40lb seemed to fray pretty quickly. Even had a few issues tying knots with rough cod thumbs and causing damage to the line. I'm hoping I just got a bad batch or something?

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Millzee wrote:Bugger, can you describe the fella?? I'd like to keep an eye out and start waving my rod round if he every gets close. I'll be interested in how you find the Kairiki holds up, I ran it on a couple of baitcasters in 12, 20 and 40lb and found the lines under 40lb seemed to fray pretty quickly. Even had a few issues tying knots with rough cod thumbs and causing damage to the line. I'm hoping I just got a bad batch or something?
About 60, rotund, balding, smokes like a chimney, deep ocker voice and drives an Amarok.
Yeah I'll give the line an update in a months time. Never used line this fine before 0.07 mm, almost can't feel it with my fingers as I cast. Its going a bit further than the Spider wire was on the same real. Hopefully it doesn't have the issues you experienced. I was gonna get the j braid guys here mentioned but saw some Kairiki. Checked out reports on line and heard they were very similar. :-D Hope I don't regret it.
Cheers guys.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Onya Brownie! Geez mate, you were obviously in a good mood. I thought those oldschool scum were pretty well dead and buried by now, or "missing". Not the first time this has happened to you there mate?

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Brownie wrote:
Millzee wrote:Bugger, can you describe the fella?? I'd like to keep an eye out and start waving my rod round if he every gets close. I'll be interested in how you find the Kairiki holds up, I ran it on a couple of baitcasters in 12, 20 and 40lb and found the lines under 40lb seemed to fray pretty quickly. Even had a few issues tying knots with rough cod thumbs and causing damage to the line. I'm hoping I just got a bad batch or something?
About 60, rotund, balding, smokes like a chimney, deep ocker voice and drives an Amarok.
Lol, cheers ;)

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 pm

the Amarok says it all, lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 pm

What an idiot :down: I’ve encountered those types before. Know how it feels...

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Welldone on keeping a cool head, unfortunately we from time to time will encounter such uncivilised acts and we cannot allow ourselves to sink low to thier level only to be beaten by experience. These ppl are often also not all there and to be honest no fish is worth sitting in jail for. Justice will have thier way with these ppl wether theyd be law enforcement for something els or beaten by another low life. Hats off to you for being so polite in handling the matter, i woulda ktfo the guy and wrap him in carpet and into a wheely bin. He will be floating down the nong for days before being discovered :banana:

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”