Lake Eppalock

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Lake Eppalock

Post by KeenAds » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi guys & girls,

A friend of mine has invited my son and I for fish down at lake eppalock. We will be in a boat so just looking for some advice on rigs, bait etc for the area. Looking at targeting reddies mainly. He suggested a simple 2 hook paternosta rig like you would for salt water or S/Plastics.

Any help would be much Appreciated as I mainly fish the salt.

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Re: Lake Eppalock

Post by Murlz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Eppalock is still quiet but the reddies are starting to move. Your friend is spot on, you just need to find the fish. Grab some worms for bait and fish light.
Mind you there are some large carp in there that may give some excitement
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

KeenAds

Post by KeenAds » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Cheers Murlz

KeenAds

Post by KeenAds » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Spent a day down at lake eppalock as planned. Managed one tiny redfin for the day. Great to get out of town and dpend some time out doors.

On the way back we dropped in to Lauriston Reservoir to see if anyone was having any luck. Pretty quiet but was speaking to a young couple who were fishing and had one small trout. Interestingly they were using white bait (salt water) like you would use for flathead etc......

Is this a common practice amongst fresh water fishos or should you use freshwater fiund bait? Also is this legal?

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm

KeenAds wrote:Spent a day down at lake eppalock as planned. Managed one tiny redfin for the day. Great to get out of town and dpend some time out doors.

On the way back we dropped in to Lauriston Reservoir to see if anyone was having any luck. Pretty quiet but was speaking to a young couple who were fishing and had one small trout. Interestingly they were using white bait (salt water) like you would use for flathead etc......

Is this a common practice amongst fresh water fishos or should you use freshwater fiund bait? Also is this legal?

It's very common. Not sure if it's still the same(as it used to be yrs ago), but whitebait are migratory fresh water Galaxias, which spend there larvae and juvenile life in salt water.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”