Central Victorian Storages

malleestump

Central Victorian Storages

Post by malleestump » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Central Victorian storages are likely to continue spilling in coming months after entering at the highest levels in years.
Coliban Water's three biggest reservoirs are full or close to.Upper Coliban and Lauriston resorvoirs are already spilling ,while Lauriston is only 2.5pc away from capacity.Lake Eppalock s 92pc full,an increase of half the lakes capacity compared to the same time last year.
Heading into last spring,Eppalock was at just 43 pc,but by early October was spilling after record September rain.
- [ ] The northern Victoria resource manager Mark Bailey also released an update on Eppalock this week,saying the spill risk at the resorvoirs is 92 pc

Thomassssss

Re: Central Victorian Storages

Post by Thomassssss » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks for the info, mate.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:18 pm

How you going mallee ?????
Been fishing lately? ??

Gra

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks Gus, How the hell are you, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Its grest to see the storage high in tbe central district.

Alot off yesrs tbere very low

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm

I was out that way on Tuesday and threw a rod in the truck just in case. I ended up fishing Upper Coliban for a couple of hours on dusk. I landed one modest sized reddie. Some nice country and the first time I wet a line for many months.

Those lakes near Kyneton sometimes produce quality fish. My dad was a honorary fishing inspector and in 1947 he landed a 6 pound 11 ounce brown from Lauriston. From scale samples the Fisheries and Game department aged the fish at two years old - an incredible growth rate. The best bait back then for big trout were 'waggas'. This was a small redfin partially dried in the sun. In that condition they floated up off the bottom being obvious to a hungry trout.

All three lakes can be fickle with Malmsbury having the reputation of producing the biggest trout these days.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Truedogz wrote:I was out that way on Tuesday and threw a rod in the truck just in case. I ended up fishing Upper Coliban for a couple of hours on dusk. I landed one modest sized reddie. Some nice country and the first time I wet a line for many months.

Those lakes near Kyneton sometimes produce quality fish. My dad was a honorary fishing inspector and in 1947 he landed a 6 pound 11 ounce brown from Lauriston. From scale samples the Fisheries and Game department aged the fish at two years old - an incredible growth rate. The best bait back then for big trout were 'waggas'. This was a small redfin partially dried in the sun. In that condition they floated up off the bottom being obvious to a hungry trout.

All three lakes can be fickle with Malmsbury having the reputation of producing the biggest trout these days.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
As allways..great imfo

Bm

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Dave I've been out of the team with injury for a couple of years havnt done much fishing at all.had hip replacement and 6 weeks ago shoulder repairs to tendons.I think I'm on top of everything now age slows you up eventually.cheers bud.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:54 pm

malleestump wrote:Hi Dave I've been out of the team with injury for a couple of years havnt done much fishing at all.had hip replacement and 6 weeks ago shoulder repairs to tendons.I think I'm on top of everything now age slows you up eventually.cheers bud.
Not good Gus
My daughter and a mate had shoulder surgery
Harder to get over than my knee replacement, I'm told
Hope it all comes good for you

cheers Gra

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:18 pm

malleestump wrote:Hi Dave I've been out of the team with injury for a couple of years havnt done much fishing at all.had hip replacement and 6 weeks ago shoulder repairs to tendons.I think I'm on top of everything now age slows you up eventually.cheers bud.
Take it easy and look after yourself, hopefully we can catch up again, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”