Redfin Eppalock

Ekaz3556

Redfin Eppalock

Post by Ekaz3556 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I heard the reddies were on the chew at eppalock. Has anybody been out there recently that can confirm or deny this .
Appreciate any tips as they constantly allude me, I have a boat

Allsorts

Re: Redfin Eppalock

Post by Allsorts » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Reddies are on the chew all year round. They are voracious predators with big mouths and an appetite to match. But that doesnt mean they are always easy to catch. Sometimes that "one last cast" is the one that turns your day around. In some spots the change of light is a peak period and in others the middle of the day works best

I'm someone who subscribes to the theory of a rising barometer or an oncoming storm bringing the bigger fish on the chew. So what ever you do, be there for the morning change of light, fish hard through the middle of the day and dont leave until its dark

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Lol
Thanks baitfish, so basically fish all daylight hours and don't be afraid to try the dark as well :)
Which works best for you mate, bait or lures

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:Lol
Thanks baitfish, so basically fish all daylight hours and don't be afraid to try the dark as well :)
Which works best for you mate, bait or lures
Thanks baitfish, lol :super:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Lol, the reddies have been on the chew all summer and still goin. They bred up well when it filled and should be a good size come next summer. A fella I know got a nice bag there today 27cms up to 35cms. A fish a cast at times. Once the school is located vibes or placcys should put a few on the deck for you. A bit of prospecting is required to find the schools though. Having a sounder and knowing how to read it well, is a big asset.

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Well I am half way there Red :)
I have a sounder but no idea on reading it. Bit of experimentation may be in order.
One of the nicest Fish to eat so I need to get it sorted :)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Redhunter wrote:Lol, the reddies have been on the chew all summer and still goin. They bred up well when it filled and should be a good size come next summer. A fella I know got a nice bag there today 27cms up to 35cms. A fish a cast at times. Once the school is located vibes or placcys should put a few on the deck for you. A bit of prospecting is required to find the schools though. Having a sounder and knowing how to read it well, is a big asset.
Can you jig for them if a school is under the boat/yak?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm

4liters wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Lol, the reddies have been on the chew all summer and still goin. They bred up well when it filled and should be a good size come next summer. A fella I know got a nice bag there today 27cms up to 35cms. A fish a cast at times. Once the school is located vibes or placcys should put a few on the deck for you. A bit of prospecting is required to find the schools though. Having a sounder and knowing how to read it well, is a big asset.
Can you jig for them if a school is under the boat/yak?
Sure can! The ol baltic bobbers were designed and are used for just that, jigging for reddies.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”