Cow Swamp

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Cow Swamp

Post by Murlz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:54 am

HI All
I was told by bloke at work that cow swamp, near Gunbower, is a good place to chace Yellas. I can see from the maps that there are a few channels that run from it. Has anybody fished there, and if so could you point me to a place with good access. My old Dad can't walk to far these days. Any info would be greatly apreciated.
Murlz. :victory:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

drew 2

Re: Cow Swamp

Post by drew 2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 am

Pre the the drought it used to have cod,yella's & silvers in it as well as redfin & carp, if you could find them amongst the weed that was in there,no idea what it is like now. Gunbower creek would also be worth a look if your in those parts and probably give you better access for your dad.

gamefisher22

Post by gamefisher22 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 am

cow swamp mate is really good area to fish i fish it very ofen just past the ramp on the leachville side is the best place to chase yellars and cod there still in there mate going up with my boat this coming weekend

Murlz

Post by Murlz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanx for the info. I am keen to give it a go.
Murlz
Murlz

gamefisher22

Post by gamefisher22 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 am

hey guys i fish cow swamp yesterday and the fishing was really hot cught a bixed bag of yellas and really big silvers to the 7 pound make yellas only got to about 4 pound but would have caught between 2 of us maybe 25 yellas and at least 50 silvers none under 1 pound great day on the water :D :D :D

Jaylfisho

Post by Jaylfisho » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey guys headin to cohuna satdaday and was wondering if it's worth towing the tinny never really fished it so unsure Wat to do, at the moment thinkin land based baits scrubbies/ bardi grubs and yabbys and corn am I on the right track, might even flick some plastics any help much appreciated

Murlz

Post by Murlz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am

Jaylfisho wrote:Hey guys headin to cohuna satdaday and was wondering if it's worth towing the tinny never really fished it so unsure Wat to do, at the moment thinkin land based baits scrubbies/ bardi grubs and yabbys and corn am I on the right track, might even flick some plastics any help much appreciated
G'Day mate. A group of us went to Cohuna a few weeks back and had a great weekend. Cod, yellas, brim and of course carp, The river has dropped a bit at the momment but still well worth a trip. Throw a few diving lures in the box as well. We had pretty good sucess with these when we were there. Plenty of shrimp around at the moment. Worm/shrimp cocktail worked well. Corn wil catch you carp but they are great fun if nothing else is having a go. Good luck
Murlz :thumbsup:
Murlz

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”