Toolamba

Fish-Hunter

Re: Toolamba

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Carp Queen :-D thats funny, good luck with the remaining fishing time you got there ;-)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:56 pm

slotzz wrote:Didn't catch anything else but might be heading back in the next few days before I go back to work on the 11th
Total was 5 cod, 2 silvers, 1 carp.
Nice catch! :thumbsup:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

The key to that part of the goulburn is surface lures at night

You can fish during the day with bai and have fun on littlw cod but the serious fish come out to feed at night time

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

slotzz

Post by slotzz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 am

poodoo wrote:Good little sesh slotzz!
Yeah it was almost worth the 4:30am wake up...... almost hahaha
We've headed back up to the same spot for 2 nights with 2 different mates so hopefully we have some more luck.
Will pass on your night tip to the fellas, BM. I'm happy to catch anything except a cold :water:

slotzz

Post by slotzz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 am

Fish-Hunter wrote:Carp Queen :-D thats funny, good luck with the remaining fishing time you got there ;-)
I don't get out fishing much anymore but when I do it's a sure thing that Slotzz will catch at least 1 carp even when everyone else around has cod reddies trout etc :down:
Bur yeah Jim gave me that nickname after he heard about my surgical attempts to find tackle I was adamant a carp stole/swallowed (tiny puddle of water so surely it was THAT fish.. well it wasnt lol)

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:36 pm

barra mick wrote:The key to that part of the goulburn is surface lures at night

You can fish during the day with bai and have fun on littlw cod but the serious fish come out to feed at night time

Bm
Would u say this is the same concept for most waters.. I can get a cod over 60 this season biggest I've seen landed this year is 74 all missions have been during daylight bar 1
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:51 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
barra mick wrote:The key to that part of the goulburn is surface lures at night

Bm
Would u say this is the same concept for most waters.. I can get a cod over 60 this season biggest I've seen landed this year is 74 all missions have been during daylight bar 1
yes gav for sure.

the big fish hold up for the day tucked away.its very rare for me to catch anything over 80cm during the day..

On say a river like the goulburn with alot of shallow sections like 2 or 3 feet deep the big cod love feeding in them but only with the cover of darkness

The surface lures by far work the best at night time but I have alot of luck using unwieghted yabbies and srubworms in the faster runs at nightime.

I didnt fish much for cod last year as I was in the nt for a fair bit of the season but in 2014 I caught 43 nice cod at night time and a fair few in the 40s to 60s while tryin to catch the big fish.

so the short answer is fish at night if you want a big cod

I release all the cod I catch whatever size .

cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”