More Rocklands

Birdman

More Rocklands

Post by Birdman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Snuck off and hit up Rocklands this morning, sse wind 20kph so a bit choppy in the boat, fished the wall with vibes, plastics and hard bodies, nothing going. Swapped to bait and got 6 reddies fairly quick but no size to boast about. Water temp was about 18 degrees and very few fish on the sounder, pretty quiet session but still better than working :gone:
My hobbies are fishing and golf, I guess I just like frustration..

Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Re: More Rocklands

Post by Part Timer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Birdman wrote:Snuck off and hit up Rocklands this morning, sse wind 20kph so a bit choppy in the boat, fished the wall with vibes, plastics and hard bodies, nothing going. Swapped to bait and got 6 reddies fairly quick but no size to boast about. Water temp was about 18 degrees and very few fish on the sounder, pretty quiet session but still better than working :gone:
G'day birdman
Just interested to know if you have any advice on best places to launch a boat, and if your willing to divulge, any good places to start when looking for a few reddies out there?!

Thinking of heading that way over the weekend.

Cheers

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Any day fishing is better than work whether you catch anything or not

Part Timer

Post by Part Timer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Nude up wrote:Any day fishing is better than work whether you catch anything or not
No arguments there, though a feed of reddies is better than baked beans on toast

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:04 am

Hi fishman, I launched at the main ramp at the wall end and fished there, as I was only day tripping. We normally camp at Brodie's and launch there as well, if you have a larger boat it's not top far to travel from main ramp to there anyway. There a plenty of areas to fish and camp, most along the NW side and all equally good for fishing and a camping, traditionally trolling lures to locate the schools of reddies and then casting lures when you find them is the go, but bait is worth a try too. Landed an 80cm carp on soft plastic there a few years ago, was an amusing fight on 6lb mono...check out the most recent reports in this forum for the area, were good directions on how to get to Brodie's posted in the last week or two. Also get onto national parks site or tourist info, most spots well marked on maps for tourist travelers, good luck!
My hobbies are fishing and golf, I guess I just like frustration..

Part Timer

Post by Part Timer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 am

Birdman wrote:Hi fishman, I launched at the main ramp at the wall end and fished there, as I was only day tripping. We normally camp at Brodie's and launch there as well, if you have a larger boat it's not top far to travel from main ramp to there anyway. There a plenty of areas to fish and camp, most along the NW side and all equally good for fishing and a camping, traditionally trolling lures to locate the schools of reddies and then casting lures when you find them is the go, but bait is worth a try too. Landed an 80cm carp on soft plastic there a few years ago, was an amusing fight on 6lb mono...check out the most recent reports in this forum for the area, were good directions on how to get to Brodie's posted in the last week or two. Also get onto national parks site or tourist info, most spots well marked on maps for tourist travelers, good luck!
Thanks birdman. Appreciate the info!

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”