Toolondo

baxterbruce

Toolondo

Post by baxterbruce » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:54 am

May have posted on the wrong part of fishing vic.. I shall repeat myself just in case.

I heard on Saturday morning on Rex Hunts show that Craig Spence was talking up Toolondo again, the algea must have gone. Can you launch a boat, 3.3m tinny, from the bank like rocklands and glendinning, the boat ramp at Toolondo is a dead loss. Thanks :fishing: :cheers:

malleestump

Re: Toolondo

Post by malleestump » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Give Birdman a pm he lives in the area and he will help you
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:33 pm

baxterbruce wrote:May have posted on the wrong part of fishing vic.. I shall repeat myself just in case.

I heard on Saturday morning on Rex Hunts show that Craig Spence was talking up Toolondo again, the algea must have gone. Can you launch a boat, 3.3m tinny, from the bank like rocklands and glendinning, the boat ramp at Toolondo is a dead loss. Thanks :fishing: :cheers:

I heard the show and they did say that it was fishing ok but the blue/green algae is still in parts of the lake but I honestly didn't hear exactly what part.

wokka1

Post by wokka1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi Baxter, read something the other day and saw some photos re Tooloondo, it's low and weedy but it's fishing ok, launching from the bank will be ok but choose your spot, maybe look on the NW corner there is a bit more clay than sand there, the algae will come and go dependent on wind and sun, so avoid any green patches of you can. Good luck, post your success on here if you do any good. Fished Polkemmit last week, had a good session, and found a good launch spot near bridge, starting to explore that area I bit more, stay posted :water:
My hobbies are fishing and golf, I guess I just like frustration..

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Me again, you may already know, Rocklands is fishing ok at moment, jigging vibes near the wall is the go, locate school with finder and jig up/down over them, no great size but 15-20 fish a day is worthy of the exercise, hoping to get there Friday morning for a crack myself...

baxterbruce

Post by baxterbruce » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:48 am

Thanks to everyone for the replys. To Birdman, by NW end of the lake I take it you mean up near where the main boat ramp is. I noticed a while back it looked fairly stoney. I also noticed a lot of tinnys coming back from their on Sunday, so they must have been launching somewhere?

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 am

Hey baxter, let us know how you go getting the boat in, ill be heading there on Wednesday for some trout, very keen to know if its worth the drive

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Passing Tooloondo on way to Rocklands tomorrow BB, will have a look on way home and post here if that helps. From memory you have a 2wd car so I will bear that in mind, stay posted, will be fishing around the wall at Rocklands, bright red tinny with 2 kids hopefully til about lunchtime...

baxterbruce

Post by baxterbruce » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:46 am

thanks birdman. Havent been able to get on site but ok now, have you had that trouble? We do have a 4wd a territory so that should help with landing spot. Anyway of to Ballarat today for PET scan, really love it. Thanks. Bruce. PS we have a 3.3m tinny.

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”