Taylors Lake

baxterbruce

Taylors Lake

Post by baxterbruce » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Just got home from fishing taylors lake, horsham. Went to get a feed for tea looks like pizza. :titanic: Didnt get on the water till 9 so was probably a bit late for the best fishing, but tried lures, worms on the bottom and worms on floats at different depth, the fish finder was saying the fish were at about 3.0m to 4.3m so tried all that but nothing. The water was quiet dirty so that wouldn't have helped. From the boat ramp went south towards the western highway probably went about half way down and fished amongst the trees. On the way back in other fishers there all gave me the thumbs down. Pulled the pin at 12.30 when it started to warm up. Anyway it was a good experience of getting the tinny of and on as it was our first go at it. Happy fishing/ :snap: :reel:

Freshfishin

Re: Taylors Lake

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 pm

I can't say I'm too suprised Baxter Bruce.
My reason for that is it is such a dirty lake. It is used as a holding point for the pipeline so there is always water going out and water coming in ( which you would think is a good thing but) because the water is constantly being stirred up the mud doesn't get time to settle. I know that there is good natives in there as well as Redfin and plenty of carp. It can fish ok if the water is reasonably clear but that doesn't happen to often. In the past plenty of reddies have been takin off the rocks to the south of the boat ramp and yella's at the base of the trees that u were fishing on yabbies.
Unless the water is clear I prefer to head to fyans wartook or rocklands, I think they have better prospects.
Having said all that any day spent on the water wetting a line is a good day better luck next time.

baxterbruce

Post by baxterbruce » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks for that freshfishin, it was still a pleasant day on the water especially when the wind died down a bit sitting in the sun drowning worms. :water:

forestedge

Post by forestedge » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Went over home way a few weeks back and the river at Quantong looks good and I hear there is the odd good yellow being caught.

Freshfishin

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Went over home way a few weeks back and the river at Quantong looks good and I hear there is the odd good yellow being caught.

The river has been fishing well from quanny right through to polkemmit great yella's been caught on lures and yabbies

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”