lake fyan's

malleestump

lake fyan's

Post by malleestump » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 pm

[]just returned from 4days at Lake Fyan's. I fished the lake for 3days without getting a touch.we had a cool southerly blowing from the south making the lake quite choppy for the whole period.talking to some other anglers it appears that most faired the same as me.although one angler said he got to brown trout over a couple of days.All on Tassie devils.I hate fishing in wind especially out on open water.Until the wind drops and the weather warms up and there is some insect hatching's the trout will be rather quiet.The lake has dropped about a metre from 18mths ago when I called in. The wimmera has had a dry winter this year .The sandy beaches were exposed and few people were swimming.There is still good depth for anglers where the dead trees are it is 2.700 to .900 but over towards the west wall there is plenty of depth from 3metres to 4.800 .
image.jpg
image.jpg (148.81 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (152.76 KiB) Viewed 684 times
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Rod Bender

Re: lake fyan's

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 pm

A bit disappointing! Were you using bait or lures?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Thats fishing MS :lol: :lol: Still would have been nice to get away for a few days,but yeah the wind has been a pain in the butt.Sure looks like it is down from the pic's,nearly looks like a swamp.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Jim I was using yabby,worm power bait and every lure in my tackle box.went right around the lake trolling the first day.mudeye is the best bait fished under a float if you have them!!Oh we'll. the company was great the beer and wine was even better.Drew had to bow to the mrs wishes and rough in a cabin.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.52 KiB) Viewed 667 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (162.98 KiB) Viewed 667 times
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”