Lake Wendouree

Nightwish

Lake Wendouree

Post by Nightwish » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:17 pm

On Friday night l decided to get up early Saturday morning and take the tinnie to Wendouree for a fish.
The day didn't start out too well as because of all the rain we have been having l couldn't get my boat out of where l store it because l only have a ford econovan to tow it with and it is useless at pulling things on wet and soft clay and l wasted forever getting it out.
l didn't get to the lake until about 9.20 am and the lake was as full as l have seen it.
wend_1[1].jpg
wend_2[1].jpg
Anyway onwards and upwards.
The water was quite choppy and it was pretty cold for this time of year,so l tried to find some more sheltered spots to fish but nothing was happening.
After fishing all day without a nibble and l was using hard bodies,sp,blades,spinners,worms and even snails l thought l would try one more spot and it was fantastic.
Within 3 casts l had caught a nice pan size rainbow on a wildbait lure which was the first fish l have caught using wildbait lures.
rainbow_1[1].jpg
After a few more hits watching these fantastic little rainbows launch themselves about 30cm above the waterline and throwing my lure l landed my second rainbow.
rainbow_2[1].jpg
lt is now beer o'clock and time to go home [6.45pm]

Even though they were not large l was glad l persisted and l got to land a couple of fish,which is better than l usually do.

Cheers Tony
:cheers:

fitzy90

Re: Lake Wendouree

Post by fitzy90 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 am

Good report and nice fish! Good to see all the lakes around the area full again

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 am

Nice rainbows. I remember when I first saw Wendouree - was dry as a bone. Although I am happy to see it full, that's a bit too much...

As for your sport, willing to share? Seeing as I am primarily a shoreline fisher... were you near the channels on the West side near the small islands or...?

Cheers!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 am

Nice report mate :thumbsup:

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Great report mate nice markings on those rainbows, those Wild bait lures are certainly gaining a good reputation.

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Marty.A wrote:Great report mate nice markings on those rainbows, those Wild bait lures are certainly gaining a good reputation.
Yes they are and if they work for me they must be alright

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:37 pm

PDXSerric wrote:Nice rainbows. I remember when I first saw Wendouree - was dry as a bone. Although I am happy to see it full, that's a bit too much...

As for your sport, willing to share? Seeing as I am primarily a shoreline fisher... were you near the channels on the West side near the small islands or...?

Cheers!
Actually l was at St Pats boat sheds [pleasant st] near the jetty in the car park about 30-40m from the shoreline

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am

Nightwish wrote:
PDXSerric wrote:Nice rainbows. I remember when I first saw Wendouree - was dry as a bone. Although I am happy to see it full, that's a bit too much...

Cheers!
Actually l was at St Pats boat sheds [pleasant st] near the jetty in the car park about 30-40m from the shoreline

Nice , thanks for that. I diodn't get a chance to fish Wendouree this weekend but saw plenty of boats on the water and ppl fishing from the shores so hopefully someone had a good day!

As for the wind this weekend? GAH!

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”