Western Lakes 11-9-16

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Western Lakes 11-9-16

Post by mazman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Hey guys,
On Sunday Niroj and I went on an exploratory trip to the west of Victoria. We intended to find a few lakes that were close to each other and had good populations of redfin and trout. An early start saw us arrive at the first lake for the day at 7am.
We stuck it out there for most of the morning but despite the promising water and good reports of fish we didn’t manage to find any. A quick chat to a local gave us a lot of ideas for where to go next, eventually we had picked out a lake to try. The water had an incredibly fishy look to it but again we couldn’t tempt anything, ready to give up we started fishing our way back to the car. I changed over to a plastic and it didn’t take long for it to get engulfed close to the bank after a spirited fight I had a reddy in the net, not huge but a PB for me.
This gave us the motivation required to stick it out for for a while slowing working plastics, we were getting a few hits but nothing was hooking up. This happened for the rest of the afternoon, we could see the marks in the tails of the plastics but we couldn’t get a hit when we swapped over to hardbodies but a plastic worked through the same water would get hit on the tail for no hook up. We had an extremely frustrating days fishing but it was a successful reconnaissance trip.
Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Western Lakes 11-9-16

Post by davek » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:34 am

Not entirely fishless, a good trip, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:59 am

Still a good day to be out trying a new area to fish, today they weren't on the take, maybe when the weather gets a little warmer they'll take anything you throw at them Alex..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:35 pm

I've had those days as well did a 220km trip not long ago and went to 3 different spots for 2 redfin, some days doesn't matter what you do if they have switched off I just enjoy the scenery and a day out.

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”