Landbased in Macedon this weekend

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Landbased in Macedon this weekend

Post by Basti » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi all,

I'll be heading to Macedon this saturday till sunday arvo/evening. we're staying just outside macedon itself. I'd like to wet a line if possible, probably on sunday afternoon. I'm not after any secret spots. Ideally a relatively easy access spot where the missus can get stuck into her book and i have half a chance at a bite. Also, what can i expect to catch?

thanks in advance

Niroj

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Re: Landbased in Macedon this weekend

Post by benders » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 pm

There is prob still fish in hanging rock lake from the latest stocking. Very picturesque and a chance of trout. Or try upper coliban or lauriston reservoir before the water runs out. Maybe eppalock below the weir?

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:40 pm

About 1k down from the Eppalock spill way below the weir, I got smoked using a 2 inch dead redfin on a running sinker, should have used my snapper rod and 20lb line to have any chance of stopping what ever took the bait ! trout gear just didn't cut it.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm

benders wrote:There is prob still fish in hanging rock lake from the latest stocking. Very picturesque and a chance of trout. Or try upper coliban or lauriston reservoir before the water runs out. Maybe eppalock below the weir?

i've had a look at a fact sheet (http://www.visitmacedonranges.com/activ ... 015-05.pdf)regarding coliban and lauriston. will most likely try hanging rock lake first as we'll be there earier in the day then move
hornet wrote:About 1k down from the Eppalock spill way below the weir, I got smoked using a 2 inch dead redfin on a running sinker, should have used my snapper rod and 20lb line to have any chance of stopping what ever took the bait ! trout gear just didn't cut it.
chance of natives?

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Post by benders » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Definitely yellowbelly in eppalock so they have to be downstream too. Cod in there somewhere too. Somewhere......

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Basti wrote:
benders wrote:There is prob still fish in hanging rock lake from the latest stocking. Very picturesque and a chance of trout. Or try upper coliban or lauriston reservoir before the water runs out. Maybe eppalock below the weir?

i've had a look at a fact sheet (http://www.visitmacedonranges.com/activ ... 015-05.pdf)regarding coliban and lauriston. will most likely try hanging rock lake first as we'll be there earier in the day then move
hornet wrote:About 1k down from the Eppalock spill way below the weir, I got smoked using a 2 inch dead redfin on a running sinker, should have used my snapper rod and 20lb line to have any chance of stopping what ever took the bait ! trout gear just didn't cut it.
chance of natives?
No idea Basti ? I was using a trout rod with 8 or 10 lb line, this took off like an express train ! no matter how much I tightened the drag it kept going till I couldn't follow it up the river due to trees in my way, I'm guessing a cod or big yella.. maybe a really big carp ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”