Wimmera bound

Gippy

Wimmera bound

Post by Gippy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:23 am

Going up to Horsham this coming week plan to go to Toolondo, Green lake , Lake Fyan's and Lake Bellvue. If we do well at one lake might not get to the rest, they will have to wait till next time. The plan is go to Green lake Monday, Toolondo Tuesday and then down to the Grampians for the last ones.
Will take pictures and send report if we get anything.
Gippy :fishing:

andyk

Re: Wimmera bound

Post by andyk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:59 am

Good luck hope u do well .

Freshfishin

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 am

Lake Bellvue? I assume you mean Bellfield, if so keep in mind you'll need an electric motor if your boat fishing. No combustion engines allowed. It has been fishing very well of late with some very good size Redfin on the go. If time permits you Lake Wartook isn't far from halls gap and would be well worth a look if you want to chase trout.
Good luck, I look forward to seeing your reports

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 am

These electric only lakes. Can you take a motor out on them and zip around with the electric all day?

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am

Welcome to FV and good luck on your trip. Cheers muzza43.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:26 am

Hi my mate past green lake the other day said there was plenty of water in it looking forward to the updates

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Good luck Gippy, hope you get into a few and look forward to a report after the trip.
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Freshfishin

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 pm

You can have a combustion engine still on the boat you just can't use it, have to push the boat off the trailer and then drive everywhere on the electric and if the battery goes flat start paddling

Gippy

Post by Gippy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:56 am

Well i am back to quote a famous line, left Gippsland on the Sunday it was cold as usual we got past Ballarat the weather didn't improve and by the time we reached Horsham it was overcast and blowing. Noted three boats on Green lake as we drove past so hopes for Monday were high, went out to the lake it was still blowing but we tried for four hours not one bite. Next morning it was still windy so headed to Lake Ratscastle as the word was fish were going, very small lake with not a lot of water, tried lures and worms only managed two bite one other fisherman caught a nice Yellow belly but that was all.
Made some phone calls and decided as the wind was predicted to remain around the Wimmera we would head for warmer climbs, off to Kerang and Kangaroo Lake camp ground. The phone call had stated the fish were indeed biting on the lake so with much adoo on Thursday morning we were into it fished bait (worms) for four hours and not a bite.
Tried spinners and stump jumpers all over the lake for another two hours in the afternoon still no bites. I was told the department have put in fish breeding houses/logs at the southern end but i did not find them as my finder was down.
That night in desperation i tried one more time off the bank with worms and managed to snag two lovely Yello belly which i did not release they are for dinner tonight. I did ring the Kyalite pub and was informed that the yellows were still biting up there on the Wakool but that was just too far this time a total of 1400 klms was completed and two lovely fish happy enough.
Gippy :Bar:
Attachments
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

Nice report Gippy :thumbsup: you certainly put in the miles mate.

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”