Walkerville Landbased

Bobby

Walkerville Landbased

Post by Bobby » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Going to Walkerville next week for a few days. Want to fish for anything. Any suggestions. Plan is one day fish at Tarwin Lower for bream other days at Walkerville surf and rock and at night for shark.

jessos1

Re: Walkerville Landbased

Post by jessos1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Hey mate let me know how you go at the tarwin, last time i was there it was dirty and filled with eels, that was months ago so the warm weather should have cleaned it out. also what part do you fish? and as for walkerville ive been there once never fished it but it looks grouse ill have to make a day trip down there soon. Good luck mate!

Cheers Jesse.
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:52 pm

What I have been told is you can jig for squid straight out from the old kilns. Rock fish from bird rock and from the beach for salmon. If there are no bites you can drive toward Cape Lip trap to Bear gully and fish from the rocks. I know this but I have never fished there just stayed there in the past.
I will let you know how I go.

matty_rotten

Post by matty_rotten » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:06 pm

there are plenty of good spots to fish of the rocks at walkerville south. its a bit better at low tide to get out on the rocks like on bird rock and get less snags. you just need to pick the right spot and try to avoid the snags iv lost heaps of rigs out there, it can get pretty frustrating sometimes.!

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 am

You know where the boat ramp on the beach is, walk out onto that rocky headland. There is a good chance of salmon, snapper and even the odd big kingie. As well as flathead and whiting. I've always found pippies and prawns the best bait.
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”