Heading to Marlo -20/23rd Nov

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Heading to Marlo -20/23rd Nov

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:30 am

Hey ,

I'm heading to Marlo this weekend for a camping trip.

any word on the water conditions? is the mouth of the snowy open?

Basti is coming too and we'll be in our yaks.

happy to have a chat with any of ya'll who maybe in the area.
will be around for three nights so hopefully find some fish

:gj:

feel free to DM me if you dont want to post openly.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Heading to Marlo -20/23rd Nov

Post by Whiskers » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 pm

The local bream are in real trouble if you blokes are coming up here. I reckon you'd catch them in a bucket of water!

The estuary has been very patchy for the last month or so. Too much dirty water coming down from heavy rain in the high country but just in the last few days the water is starting to clear up and the fish are active again.

The entrance is open with good flows in and out.

Not sure where you're camping but last weekend at Coringle all the camp sites were booked out.

If you get the chance have a run down to Yeerung River, just past Cape Conran. It's a pristine location and no powered craft are allowed. Canoe and yak only. If you've never been there before it'll take your breath away. The entrance to the sea is open at the moment and the river is fishing really, really well. Bream and EP's mainly but anything can turn up in that system.
:wt:

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:44 am

Whiskers wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 pm

If you get the chance have a run down to Yeerung River, just past Cape Conran. It's a pristine location and no powered craft are allowed. Canoe and yak only. If you've never been there before it'll take your breath away. The entrance to the sea is open at the moment and the river is fishing really, really well. Bream and EP's mainly but anything can turn up in that system.
:wt:
Just did the Google maps things and WOW that place looks amazing

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

Whiskers wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 pm
The local bream are in real trouble if you blokes are coming up here. I reckon you'd catch them in a bucket of water!
Maz has already been up your way recently so they'll still be in shock. I'm so out of touch I may just make the fish laugh.

Cheers for the tip on the Yeerung, that's been on my to do list for ages. hopefully we'll have something to report

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”