Inverloch 6/7/2019 AM

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Inverloch 6/7/2019 AM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Well as planned I arrived to Inverloch jetty at 2.15am to make use of the last hour of the run in tide. There was little to no wind, allowing the dewy 5 degree air settle in around the water. Fished the jetty till 4.30am using pillies, pippies and squid, and didn't get much in the way of bites.... though the baits seemed to find a way of dissapearing somehow. Changed down the sinker weights as much as I could to get a bit more sensitivity in the line and still no dice. So figured either crabs or baby flatties.

Took a nap in the car till sun up and decided to drive south to The Caves (about 5 km south of Inverloch). I hadn't been to The Caves before, and was thinking with the low wind conditions and almost a bottom of the tide, maybe I would have a go from the rocks. Yeah, no.... did a recce out to the edge of the rock flats and didnt look like there were any decent (safe) platforns in close proximity to a deeper water. So figured I'd go back and try the beach area at Inverloch.
Studio_20190707_132525.jpg
Beautiful morning on the beach, water was like glass, but after an hour or more here all I managed was 3-4 decent snags that busted me off, and a dirty big ray (?) that took a run out wide and parked himself on the bottom and wouldn't budge.
IMG_8003.jpg
With the tide now well on the run back in I thought I move and try a bit further on one of the channels I had earmarked earlier. Wow, I had not realized just how much water moved in and out of this area. Sure there were some deeper holes about, but it was largely sand flats at this stage and not a lot of water. So back to the beach I think....
Studio_20190707_132555.jpg
Studio_20190707_132542.jpg
All in all, a dissapointing outing. Dispite moving around, trying different baits, whole baits and cubes, sinker combos, plus flicking around hardbodies at the same time, I went home at noon with nothing to show for it. Yeah....Inverloch can be like that sometimes.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Inverloch 6/7/2019 AM

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Great pics
Good report even tho there's no fish

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks for update mate. I'll try the other side on Venus bay. At least enjoy the quiet surrounds and get some salmon on surf beach... And who knows fish may be sleeping on that side of the inlet

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Great pics.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Folks,

Am looking to do a run down to Inverloch this Saturday morning (6/7)

Thanks in advance.

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Well as planned I arrived to Inverloch jetty at 2.15am to make use of the last hour of the run in tide.

#
#
#
#

I went home at noon with nothing to show for it. Yeah....Inverloch can be like that sometimes.

Great report Star, one of the best threads I have read

Not sure about having nothing to show (I know you meant fish, but I'm going for theatrical interpretation for poignant effect :-D )

The combination of your Question post and Report post , , , , took us through the whole journey with you. The first idea, the thought process, the planning, the options, the actual process etc etc , , , , it contains lots of valuable info, not only for there but any location.

Well done, for showing us (see what I did there "show" , , , , "showing" , , , , ah, the Bug has done it again )

Cheers, Bug

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm

Anderson Inlet has been terrible for fishing in the last 12 months.

I would suggest heading to the Long Jetty, squid, KWG and flathead have been firing there lately.

StarrangerAU

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 pm

frozenpod wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm

I would suggest heading to the Long Jetty, squid, KWG and flathead have been firing there lately.
Yes, I would agree, it has seen better days. I'll be giving Inverloch a wide berth till mid summer I think.

By Long Jetty I assume you mean Welshpool? I still need to get myself organized and have a go at Welshpool on a high tide at sundown. I heard mosquitoes were a problem down there, is that the case still?

StarrangerAU

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Great report Star, one of the best threads I have read
Shucks.....thanks Bugs

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:04 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm

Yes, I would agree, it has seen better days. I'll be giving Inverloch a wide berth till mid summer I think.

By Long Jetty I assume you mean Welshpool? I still need to get myself organized and have a go at Welshpool on a high tide at sundown. I heard mosquitoes were a problem down there, is that the case still?
Yes and yes.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”