Inverloch/Andersons Inlet - This weekend 6/7?

GusG
Has liked: 41 times

Re: Inverloch/Andersons Inlet - This weekend 6/7?

Post by GusG » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 am

FishHunter81 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:19 pm
Also does anyone know if you can access the far tip beach area of Venus bay (side that faces inverloch). Looks deep and castable for lb in this area
Hey mate, you can get to the tip of he beach at Venus, but it's a long walk. You will need to drive as far as you can along the third estate, park in the car park and leg it from there. Most of the track is on dirt, not sand/beach walking but there will be some towards the end

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 am

FishHunter81 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:19 pm
Also does anyone know if you can access the far tip beach area of Venus bay (side that faces inverloch). Looks deep and castable for lb in this area
You can, its a long walk so travel light. Overall it is an enjoyable location, particularly if you do the hike early in teh morning when the native wildlife is up and about.. I did the hike all the way down to about opposite the Inverloch jetty roughly this time last year but did not land anything worthy.

You can read my report here --->> viewtopic.php?f=147&t=21333

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Thanks for the info and pics mate. Looks like a treat of a spot once you get there. I can see on google earth the deeper gutters look accessible by land around the inlet side as well. I'll see how I go and posy when I return. How long was the walk roughly?

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:11 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:29 pm
How long was the walk roughly?
It took me a good hour and then some more.... but I was travelling heavy with a full kit because I mis-judged the distance using google maps.

I'd do it again, but only if travelling light..... it nearly bleeding killed me last time :(

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”