Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am
Hey Whiskers
Completely understand if you want to keep your swamp locations concealed, but being a Gippsland boy it does interest me. Don't do much fresh water fishing but wouldn't mind it when conditions on the salt don't suit. If you ever want a fishing partner down this way just lmk!
Gippsland is a bloody big area and theres a shitload of estuaries that hold EP's. Lure casting is one of my favourite styles of fishing and I would rate EP's and Bass a better sports fish requiring more skill as an angler than a lot of the Salt species on offer pelagic species aside.

If my memory serves me right Blue Rock lake is right on your doorstep you could easily fish that on your jet ski just don't be like a lot of FWits that are visiting the lake that feel the need to race around exceeding the speed limits.
It is indeed.
Does Blue Rock hold EP's or Aussie Bass? I confuse them at times tbh, I would have thought no EP's as it's pure fresh water?

Have been in there with my ski on its first test run. Can confirm it would be amazing for fishing in there... may or may not have been a **** wit exceeding the speed limit up in the back waters. :(
Australian Bass but EP's will live in freshwater Devilbend is stocked with EP's.
Was fishing there a few weeks back the way boats were racing around was disappointing and selfish towards land based anglers who had to put up with boat wakes churning up the banks not ideal when casting for trout. Personally I would be happy if the motor size restrictions were reinstated.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: EP's In The Swamp

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hey Whiskers
Completely understand if you want to keep your swamp locations concealed, but being a Gippsland boy it does interest me. Don't do much fresh water fishing but wouldn't mind it when conditions on the salt don't suit. If you ever want a fishing partner down this way just lmk!
Gippsland is a bloody big area and theres a shitload of estuaries that hold EP's. Lure casting is one of my favourite styles of fishing and I would rate EP's and Bass a better sports fish requiring more skill as an angler than a lot of the Salt species on offer pelagic species aside.

If my memory serves me right Blue Rock lake is right on your doorstep you could easily fish that on your jet ski just don't be like a lot of FWits that are visiting the lake that feel the need to race around exceeding the speed limits.
It is indeed.
Does Blue Rock hold EP's or Aussie Bass? I confuse them at times tbh, I would have thought no EP's as it's pure fresh water?

Have been in there with my ski on its first test run. Can confirm it would be amazing for fishing in there... may or may not have been a **** wit exceeding the speed limit up in the back waters. :(
Australian Bass but EP's will live in freshwater Devilbend is stocked with EP's.
Was fishing there a few weeks back the way boats were racing around was disappointing and selfish towards land based anglers who had to put up with boat wakes churning up the banks not ideal when casting for trout. Personally I would be happy if the motor size restrictions were reinstated.
Yeah that's fair enough, I wouldn't normally be a hoon but there was only one other car at the ramp (couldn't see the boatee anywhere) and not a single other soul near the water as it was a week day. I did go all the way up in the back water where all the dead trees are before I opened it up. Plus, it was my first day on the ski.. it'd be a crime not to see what she was capable of! Lol.

Getting back to the EP's, pretty cool they can live in pure fresh, didn't actually know that. Might have to give these fresh water species a genuine crack. Wouldn't surprise me if there's monster crays in Blue Rock too

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 pm
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hey Whiskers

It is indeed.

Yeah that's fair enough, I wouldn't normally be a hoon but there was only one other car at the ramp (couldn't see the boatee anywhere) and not a single other soul near the water as it was a week day. I did go all the way up in the back water where all the dead trees are before I opened it up. Plus, it was my first day on the ski.. it'd be a crime not to see what she was capable of! Lol.

Getting back to the EP's, pretty cool they can live in pure fresh, didn't actually know that. Might have to give these fresh water species a genuine crack. Wouldn't surprise me if there's monster crays in Blue Rock too
Blue rock has become a very good all year round fishery well worth visiting but it has become very popular I counted over 20 cars in the carpark a few weekends back managed trout from the bank until a big boat raced past less than 50m from the bank churning up the water and no more trout for me hence what I mentioned before.

EP's have been stocked in lakes that are also stocked with trout how about that. Substitute bass with Perch and you have blue rock.
https://vfa.vic.gov.au/recreational-fis ... -fisheries

There is some very good wild fisheries throughout Gippsland too.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 pm
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hey Whiskers

It is indeed.

Pick a waterway east of blue rock and you'll have Bass. Pick any estuarine system in the state and you'll have EPs.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”