Two By Two

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Two By Two

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 am

Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Also it's funny how much of a contrast it is to the fishing conditions at all of the other east Gippsland waterways. Gippsland lakes, Tyers, Bemm, Tamboon pfft... wouldn't even bother.
In what way??
It's reportedly a lot better...?
The way your reply was written i figured you had fished all of those systems extensively and came to that conclusion.. :rofl:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Also it's funny how much of a contrast it is to the fishing conditions at all of the other east Gippsland waterways. Gippsland lakes, Tyers, Bemm, Tamboon pfft... wouldn't even bother.
In what way??
It's reportedly a lot better...?
The way your reply was written i figured you had fished all of those systems extensively and came to that conclusion.. :rofl:
No... who the hell gets the time to fish all of these estuaries extensively lol?

I have fished a few of them, mostly Tyers, Tamboon (which havent opened in 2+ years to my knowledge) and the Gippsland lakes all within the last year and all fished very poorly compared to what they usually do. I've read reports and had friends fish the others, such as Bemm (the only other major system apart from the Snowy/Marlo that's opened recently) and I'm told it's very quiet too with nothing but mostly small Bream being caught.

They are in dire need of a good flush out with some salinity

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:29 pm

They all fish well at given times, so writing them off as wouldnt bother is just silly.

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

When we fished Marlo last year we only caught fish on lures. If you were using bait only you would have came home with donuts

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Whiskers wrote:Didn't want to hi-jack Aarons and Alex's Marlo thread but Marlo and the Snowy are my stomping grounds these days. The river is only ten minutes walk from my back door and Marlo is just ten minutes by car down the road.

The whole system is chocka block with fish right now and if the entrance at Marlo opens up a bit more the fishing will be manic.

I popped down to the river tonight for a couple of hours between the thunderstorms.

It was a Noah's Ark session. No, not sharks but two of everything.

Two good flatties, two nice bream, two tailor, two trevally and two luderick.

But, don't tell anyone. There's no fish here. Terrible place!
LOL.
:water:
Will be up there in 2 days time! hopefully the weather gets better! atm it looks like showers and thunderstorms on our first 2 days. I dont mind the rain but dont want to be a lightning rod if there are thunderstorms about. Hopefully it will still fish very well and we get on some good fish like the past few posters.
Do you do much prawning down at Marlo? any tips? thanks!

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 pm

purple5ive wrote:They all fish well at given times, so writing them off as wouldnt bother is just silly.
Lol how is it silly..? maybe if you're from the area it might be worth wetting a line at Tyers, but certainly not if you're coming from Melbourne's suburbs. I actually live in Gippsland, but why would I bother going somewhere that far away when there is far better options a lot closer to home? The general consensus is that they have been closed far too long and the fishing reflects that.
Prawning is pretty much non existent in a lot of these waterways also, and that's a major source of food for estuary species.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:They all fish well at given times, so writing them off as wouldnt bother is just silly.
Lol how is it silly..? maybe if you're from the area it might be worth wetting a line at Tyers, but certainly not if you're coming from Melbourne's suburbs. I actually live in Gippsland, but why would I bother going somewhere that far away when there is far better options a lot closer to home? The general consensus is that they have been closed far too long and the fishing reflects that.
Prawning is pretty much non existent in a lot of these waterways also, and that's a major source of food for estuary species.
what i meant was, dont write them off just cause its not fishing well atm, they will fire up and fish well depending on the weather patterns, all those systems have produced cracking fish for me at some stage or the other.
you obviously go to the one thats fishing the best at the time your going.
it will be a while before tyers and tamboon fish like they used to.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Kimtown wrote:
That’s why anglers “network” Find our what estuaries are going well at the time etc.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:04 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
what i meant was, dont write them off just cause its not fishing well atm, they will fire up and fish well depending on the weather patterns, all those systems have produced cracking fish for me at some stage or the other.
Of course they will fire up, but it seems like your agreeing with me that Tyers and tamboon suck right now.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Of course they will fire up, but it seems like your agreeing with me that Tyers and tamboon suck right now.
Theres fish to be caught at both, so depends on what your definition of sucks means..
Only thing i can agree on with you is that you Love the cruisers!!!!

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”