Marlo Mayhem

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: Marlo Mayhem

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Mustang38 wrote:great report, were you shore based??
Little bit off the shore, mostly off the Hobie
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm

we were told to wear some waders /protection etc at Lake Tyers when we up there next week bc of the swimmers / pelican itch. One of the pictures you were in shorts in the yak. Did u get swimmers itch afterwards in Marlo? dont want to be scratching for 2weeks but also dont wanna be in stinking heat with neoprene boots and pants

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm

tbcha1 wrote:we were told to wear some waders /protection etc at Lake Tyers when we up there next week bc of the swimmers / pelican itch. One of the pictures you were in shorts in the yak. Did u get swimmers itch afterwards in Marlo? dont want to be scratching for 2weeks but also dont wanna be in stinking heat with neoprene boots and pants

No itch , just sunburn
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:09 pm

smokin_reels wrote:Mazman and I headed down to Marlo for the long weekend.
We were camping down at the corringle slips and was fabulous for a campsite.

A large group of my non fishing mates accompanied us, and the plan was to stay for three nights/four days and get as much fishing done as possible.
Wow, what a weekend, you can add me to the "Jealous as" list. Just the getaway with the boys is enough and throw in the fishing, even better and with the haul you guys had would have topped it off. (The bird's nest is our little secret , , , , I won't tell anyone, sshh)

Uummm, I don't want to burst your bubble but your old PB on the Dustys still stands. I don't think it's a Dusty, I think it's a Crocodile
Crocodile Flathead 1.jpg
Crocodile Flathead 1.jpg (43.37 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Crocodile.jpg

Great report, for a great trip.

Cheers, Bugatti

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Bugatti wrote:

A large group of my non fishing mates accompanied us, and the plan was to stay for three nights/four days and get as much fishing done as possible.
Wow, what a weekend, you can add me to the "Jealous as" list. Just the getaway with the boys is enough and throw in the fishing, even better and with the haul you guys had would have topped it off. (The bird's nest is our little secret , , , , I won't tell anyone, sshh)

Uummm, I don't want to burst your bubble but your old PB on the Dustys still stands. I don't think it's a Dusty, I think it's a Crocodile
Crocodile Flathead 1.jpg
Crocodile.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
:rofl: :thumbsup:

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Sounds great,i will b at lakes entrance early march for the prawns and to fish tyer may do a day marlo area after that awesome report

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:46 am

Bugatti wrote:

Crocodile Flathead 1.jpg
Crocodile.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti

Cheers mate, that cracked me up :rofl:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”