Cape Shank Sunday 20/1/19

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: Cape Shank Sunday 20/1/19

Post by Yota » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Graeme wrote:Hey Yota ,
I was on the same trip , i was in my mates 5m Evo Cuddy.
We were just in front of you and saw you pull that one in.
You were in the centre console i think ?

We ended up with just one Kingy at 82cm and got smoked twice by what we guess were bigger versions.

We did well on Squid before heading out got 19 between 3 of us.

Also hooked up on a couple of big Wrasse out there and a big Slimey Mac that was around 50cm !

Good day out will do it again but might launch from Stoney point next time.
Yes that's me in the CC. ha ha. It was a good trip. Well done 82cm thats amazing.
Yes I got about 6 or 7 squid from memory but by the time I got to the destination 2 had carked it. After the first 2 livies got smashed and I was sorting out the one kingy I did land I had in all honesty started to feel pretty green. Not helped by having to re-rig twice as well.
I tried to push through and fished another 40 odd minutes also landing a decent wrasse.
I made a half assed attempt with the remaining deceased bait but I had to move on :
1 coz it was a 3 hour return trip to make it home by late afternoon, and
2 I had to get moving and steady my every greening churning stomach ha ha.
Seasickness sucks.

Next time I'm going to have to come over and say g'day. I was a bit unsure of the unofficial protocol on the day.

Cheers

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: Cape Shank Sunday 20/1/19

Post by Yota » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:44 pm

[quote="Bugatti"]Wow Yota, great write up, I almost felt like diving in and catching that escapee for you, you had me captivated. Great that you weren't a sheep but backed yourself. You get my respect.

And congratulations on joining the Kingie Club.

ps. I hope you accumulate those brownie points quick

Cheers Bill

Thanks Bill. And thanks for the offer of help ha ha. Like I said I guess it would have been humorous in a dark way to see my efforts.
I'm going to get a gaff and see if that helps the solo situation when trying to land decent fish.
Yes, working on those points - chipping away.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”