Lakes Entrance in September

FishHunter81

Lakes Entrance in September

Post by FishHunter81 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi guys. I've got some leave booked in Sep hols. Taking FAM to Lakes Entrance and hope to throw a line in during mornings and evenings land based. I hear there are lots of piers and options there. Any advice and good locations be appreciated.

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Re: Lakes Entrance in September

Post by StarrangerAU » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 am

I can't comment specifically on September ... as I have usually only gone there during the summer months.
However....
a) be prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder with folk throwing crab nets, they are prolific down there.
b) when I go I usually find myself fishing around Bullock Island which is the first round-about coming into town from the south.
c) You could also try Kalimna Jetty, which you can get to from the right hand turn-off at the top of the big hill before entering the township.
d) my best advice is to venture to Lake Tyers which is 10 mins north of Lakes Entrance proper. I have done very well there landing large Bream and Flatties, and there is usually no crab netters. (check out Waterwheel Tavern for cheap (basic) accommodation or free camping spots).

Hope that helps.

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:49 am

Bullock island to try for salmon best around the change of tide from ebb to flood. Metal lures. Chance of a Taylor there too.
Night time Post Office Jetty for Taylor cast into the lit area near the Thunderbird. Footbridge is worth a go. Not much bream around the town at that time of the year, they are mostly up the rivers.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks for the info mate. That was my plan fish early and late if possible to beat crowds. And I always like trying off the radar spots. Cheers

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am

September is spawning season for bream si would be fishing for bream in the three Rivers this is the time the bog breeders enter the rivers
Good luck

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”