Blue rock lake

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Blue rock lake

Post by Joker91 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

Hello again!!!!!

The weekend is here and its time for a new fishing location once again. This time we are heading off to Blue Rock Lake.

After searching the forum i see there was a whole bunch of trout and bass that have recently been released into the lake.

If any one can provide some inside knowledge of how to fish their any locations (not looking for any ones top secret fishing spots but more simple guidance so i dont waste time looking for a spot)

Lucky last what bait should i use and what could we potentially catch there? i will be using a standard running sinker a small size 4 long shank.

Happy fishing every one :water: :water:

Anman

Re: Blue rock lake

Post by Anman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm

only been there once, kayaked across to this location
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/38 ... 46.2201436

fished it for 2 hours caught 1 bass with worm on paternoster rig about 35cm and a small trout closer to the boat ramp

Joker91

Post by Joker91 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks anman.

Well I guess worms will be the bait of choice as it will target basically everything in the water.

I will be fishing land based so I might try and walk to the closest point to you location and cast away.

What size hook would you recommend for bass?i was thinking a size 4 or 6 long shank as a general guide to catch anything again

Anman

Post by Anman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 pm

i dont really remember what i used, i think it was a size 2 or 1/0 circle

Joker91

Post by Joker91 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:01 am

Sounds good. I think we'll have one rod set up with a size 2 circle hook and worms and the other a paternoster with size 4 shanks using worms and power bait

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:13 am

Good luck mate

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Joker91 wrote:Hello again!!!!!

The weekend is here and its time for a new fishing location once again. This time we are heading off to Blue Rock Lake.

After searching the forum i see there was a whole bunch of trout and bass that have recently been released into the lake.

If any one can provide some inside knowledge of how to fish their any locations (not looking for any ones top secret fishing spots but more simple guidance so i dont waste time looking for a spot)

Lucky last what bait should i use and what could we potentially catch there? i will be using a standard running sinker a small size 4 long shank.

Happy fishing every one :water: :water:
Hi Joker sorry about the late reply hope you got amongst the bass.
If you get out there again a few things I have found is that early mornings and late afternoons into the dark is when bass are more active. When theres more water the fish will be deeper so diving minnows, soft plastics and spinnerbaits are probably a better option as it gets darker sub surface lures can be good option and on a warm evening with lots of insect activities surface lures such as poppers, cicadas etc can be fun and produce.

Best of luck cheers.

Joker91

Post by Joker91 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks rb85 I'll remember that for next time. I don't have any lures and plastics, have gotten to that level yet.

Late update but better late then never. Arriving at blue rock lake I headed to the right of the ramp with some local worms and corn, about 100metres from the bend on the right.

Apparently there was a carp competition days before I arrived there also.

We set up three rods as running sinkers, two with worms and one with corn. Spent a few hours there with not even a bite or nibble. The wind really picked up pushing the lines towards a the bank so we thought it's time to call it quits.

Hopefully next time!!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Better luck next time mate.

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Got sweet FA there today, along with every other person I came across