smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Fishing trip Eden

Post by smile0784 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Atleast you got a few on the last day

All ways fishin

Post by All ways fishin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Yes it was ok in the end. The wind and swells were bad the first week but last three days been great out on water.

skifalls
Has liked: 1 time

Post by skifalls » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Did you give the prawns a go?

All ways fishin

Post by All ways fishin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:40 pm

skifalls wrote:Did you give the prawns a go?
No I didn’t give the prawns ago, took the prawn net and light but didn’t bother trying with the wind and full moon.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:00 pm

All ways fishin wrote:Yesterday day headed down to saltwater creek at 6.00am caught seven flathead and one snapper heaps of slimeys the size of Pillhards for bait and in 40 metres off saltwater the slimeys became a pest they were just off the bottom of ocean floor couldn’t get the line down for flathead and they were all 30cm plus huge slimeys. Also flathead weren’t to interested in Pillies or squid legs they were all caught on slimey fillets. On way back stopped at mowarry point and wife and I both got bitten off straight away so we headed back at 11am to boat ramp before it got to busy as the fishing comp started yesterday.
Any way I’m back home now so no more to report on.

Cheers
Not a bad session on your last day :thumbsup:

All ways fishin

Post by All ways fishin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Lightningx wrote:
All ways fishin wrote:Yesterday day headed down to saltwater creek at 6.00am caught seven flathead and one snapper heaps of slimeys the size of Pillhards for bait and in 40 metres off saltwater the slimeys became a pest they were just off the bottom of ocean floor couldn’t get the line down for flathead and they were all 30cm plus huge slimeys. Also flathead weren’t to interested in Pillies or squid legs they were all caught on slimey fillets. On way back stopped at mowarry point and wife and I both got bitten off straight away so we headed back at 11am to boat ramp before it got to busy as the fishing comp started yesterday.
Any way I’m back home now so no more to report on.

Cheers
Not a bad session on your last day :thumbsup:
Thanks. Fishing up there is usually excellent, but the two weeks I picked to go away :down: I might do a weekend trip up there after Easter hopefully it’s a lot better by then.
Cheers

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”