Bass this arvo.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Bass this arvo.

Post by rb85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 pm

cantcatchem wrote:
rb85 wrote:Unforeseen circumstances messed up my plans to fish offshore today so instead headed down to blue rock for a few hours.
Fishing off my sup the drift was a little tough casting hardbodies landed a few nice sized bass as the light faded changed over to surface lures and got a good little surface session catching a few bass before paddling back to the carpark.
How about some photos some time, would like to see how the bass are looking and adds a touch of flair to the report
Yeah sure ill hold my rod in one hand, bass in the other get my camera phone out of my backpack all while trying to balance on my sup. :thumbsup:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm

rb85 wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:
rb85 wrote:Unforeseen circumstances messed up my plans to fish offshore today so instead headed down to blue rock for a few hours.
Fishing off my sup the drift was a little tough casting hardbodies landed a few nice sized bass as the light faded changed over to surface lures and got a good little surface session catching a few bass before paddling back to the carpark.
How about some photos some time, would like to see how the bass are looking and adds a touch of flair to the report
Yeah sure ill hold my rod in one hand, bass in the other get my camera phone out of my backpack all while trying to balance on my sup. :thumbsup:
They look glorious by the way.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Have one of my pics rb. It's about the size of the blue rock fish
Attachments
FB_IMG_1518256402054.jpg

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:03 pm

cobby wrote:Have one of my pics rb. It's about the size of the blue rock fish
Looks glorious.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

rb85 wrote: Yeah sure ill hold my rod in one hand, bass in the other get my camera phone out of my backpack all while trying to balance on my sup. :thumbsup:
What's your sup?

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 am

Woops, just realised you were in a yak, my bad

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote: Yeah sure ill hold my rod in one hand, bass in the other get my camera phone out of my backpack all while trying to balance on my sup. :thumbsup:
Stand up paddle board

What's your sup?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

cantcatchem wrote:Woops, just realised you were in a yak, my bad
no drama mate.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:16 pm

rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:
Stand up paddle board

What's your sup?
Oh I see, first I've seen or heard of anyone fishing off one of those. Would want a waterproof and floating camera methinks.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:
Stand up paddle board

What's your sup?
Oh I see, first I've seen or heard of anyone fishing off one of those. Would want a waterproof and floating camera methinks.

It wouldn't help that my SUP isn't stable enough in design for fishing Im able to make it work but to do it seriously off a sup you need something stable enough to be able to carry net's put the rod down to take photos etc.

I carry a rod and a small arsenal off lures in a bumbag the rod sits in the straps in case I fall I have a lanyard attached fortunately I don't. It's difficult especially with wind but I make it work and have caught some good fish using it. The best it has got me was 40 plus Barra in a session which I'm happy to admit was from the hot water outlet and was before the no early fish crew hit it. :victory:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”