Loch Sport and surroundings

nooga27

Loch Sport and surroundings

Post by nooga27 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:34 am

Hey all!
Hope everyone is excited for some solid weekend fishing!

I'm heading up to loch sport for the weekend until Tuesday and just wanted to check how the fishing is going at the moment? Happy to travel an hour to get to a solid spot if the fish are on. Always manage to get a few salmon off the beach at loch sport but we're looking to chuck some bigger baits out if it's worth it. Does anyone know if jewies or sharks are a decent possibility off any of the beaches from 90 mile? I have heard small kingies get caught drone south 90 mile but obviously there's some luck involved!

Any info on possible good fish from the area would be awesome!!!

Thanks guys!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Kosta7

Re: Loch Sport and surroundings

Post by Kosta7 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:11 am

Leaving for Seaspray in an hour. I ll be fishing between the caravan park and Honeysuckles. Come and say hi if you want!
Good spot for salmon, sand flatheads and gummies. Sharks are always a possibility but you need to put big baits beyond the breakers.
In front of Merriman's creek there is a possibility to catch a Jewie but it's usually packed with people as the surf club is next to it. Woodside and Reeves beach apparently can produce as well :cheers:

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:08 am

Kosta7 wrote:Leaving for Seaspray in an hour. I ll be fishing between the caravan park and Honeysuckles. Come and say hi if you want!
Good spot for salmon, sand flatheads and gummies. Sharks are always a possibility but you need to put big baits beyond the breakers.
In front of Merriman's creek there is a possibility to catch a Jewie but it's usually packed with people as the surf club is next to it. Woodside and Reeves beach apparently can produce as well :cheers:
Cheers mate! Yeah awesome, I'll be at Seaspray having a fish at some point I'll say g'day if you're there! Cheers for the info mate!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:28 am

nooga27 wrote:
Kosta7 wrote:Leaving for Seaspray in an hour. I ll be fishing between the caravan park and Honeysuckles. Come and say hi if you want!
Cheers mate! Yeah awesome, I'll be at Seaspray having a fish at some point I'll say g'day if you're there! Cheers for the info mate!
Fished close to the caravan park yesterday. Weed is a freaking pain in the arse...got a thumper salmon and a few decent size flatties. No gummies last night. Just saw a report of a snapper near Woodside... :oops:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”