Torn Zmans and pulled hooks

Hammy Y

Torn Zmans and pulled hooks

Post by Hammy Y » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 pm

G'day all,

After a quiet day yesterday at Metung, catching nothing except a crab, got out this arvo for another try on the jetties and was pleasantly surprised.
Managed to get a nice little trev on a slim swimz in bloodworm.
20170926_152434.png
Then a few drops later felt a big whack and bought the plastic up to see if anything was on and was greeted by this. Almost a clean cut through the tail.
20170926_144429.jpg
About half an hour later with no more hits I got snagged on one of the jetties and managed to free myself, however, the jighead was actually the thing that gave way and ended up snapping clean off. Has this happened to anyone else? I guess it just shows the strength of my knots, good to see since I'm using an FG to connect braid to fluoro leader.
20170926_144444.jpg
Cheers,
Ham

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Torn Zmans and pulled hooks

Post by purple5ive » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Tailor probably had a go at the z-man to cut the tail off like that.
well done on the trevally

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Nice trev :) good fighting fish on the light rods

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:49 pm

purple5ive wrote:Tailor probably had a go at the z-man to cut the tail off like that.
well done on the trevally
Yeah I was thinking that, I've heard theyve got a good set of jaws

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Nice trev :thumbsup:

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Leatherjacket love chewing plastics also. Have you tried chinamans creek? It's always good for a fish.

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Hosery wrote:Leatherjacket love chewing plastics also. Have you tried chinamans creek? It's always good for a fish.
I've been up there briefly in the past but only for 20minutes or less, plan to give it a go tomorrow. Boat or banks fishing best? I've got access to both.

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 am

Hammy Y wrote:
Hosery wrote:Leatherjacket love chewing plastics also. Have you tried chinamans creek? It's always good for a fish.
I've been up there briefly in the past but only for 20minutes or less, plan to give it a go tomorrow. Boat or banks fishing best? I've got access to both.
Ah ok. I'd be putting the boat in. If you put the boat in also try around burys slipway. I rather fish around Nungurner than metung normally more fish. Although I rarely fish the lakes

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Hosery wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Ah ok. I'd be putting the boat in. If you put the boat in also try around burys slipway. I rather fish around Nungurner than metung normally more fish. Although I rarely fish the lakes
Sounds good thanks for the advice! Do u usually still cast into structure or just drop straight down when u sound up a fish?

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”