Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Nathan_867
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Nathan_867 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm

i am heading down to lake Glenmaggie soon was wondering what bait/lure people use etc. would be nice to catch some bass :)
will be land based fishing, I am new to fresh water fishing.
looking forward to some tips :)
cheers Nathan



Remove these ads.

rb85
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby rb85 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 pm

As the water temperature rises the fishing should get better. Hard bodies, spinner baits and small surface lures will all catch bass depending on time of day. Vibes and plastics are good at certain times of the year also.

Are you fishing land based or on a boat or yak?

Hosery
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Hosery » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Bass fishing wait a little for the weather to warm up. Havnt fished glenmaggie before but my all time favourite bass lure is a stump jumper. Natural colours are the go. Greens browns blacks etc.

Nathan_867
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Nathan_867 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 pm

rb85 wrote:As the water temperature rises the fishing should get better. Hard bodies, spinner baits and small surface lures will all catch bass depending on time of day. Vibes and plastics are good at certain times of the year also.

Are you fishing land based or on a boat or yak?



Will be land based fishing :)

Nathan_867
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Nathan_867 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Hosery wrote:Bass fishing wait a little for the weather to warm up. Havnt fished glenmaggie before but my all time favourite bass lure is a stump jumper. Natural colours are the go. Greens browns blacks etc.



Thanks ill have to get one and give it a go :)

Jarvi2001
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Jarvi2001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 am

I'd give spinners a go there mate, also in for a chance of a Redfin.



Remove these ads.

Nathan_867
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Nathan_867 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Jarvi2001 wrote:I'd give spinners a go there mate, also in for a chance of a Redfin.


Thanks :)

rb85
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby rb85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:45 am

Nathan_867 wrote:
rb85 wrote:As the water temperature rises the fishing should get better. Hard bodies, spinner baits and small surface lures will all catch bass depending on time of day. Vibes and plastics are good at certain times of the year also.

Are you fishing land based or on a boat or yak?



Will be land based fishing :)


Try and focus your attention to anywear there's snags.

Breambojoe
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Heading to lake glenmaggie soon

Postby Breambojoe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Nathan. How did you go at Glenmaggie? Have you been yet?


Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests