andersons inlet question

HyperX

andersons inlet question

Post by HyperX » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:49 pm

So the plan is to first head down to venus bay to collect some pipi to use as bait and probably head down to the end of doyles road to target KGW using a paternoster rig with size 6 baitholder hook. And probably have berley of some sort

now the question is

can I still find pipi down at the beach?

Does my plan so far sound about right? I've never beach fished before and only use really use lures so im not quite sure.

and any other tips would be much appreciated

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: andersons inlet question

Post by Kenle » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 am

Theres always pipis there, make sure you time your tide before trip and get there on a rising tide. If you get there on a drop out tide then it will be very dificult to collect any pipis as they will drift out to the ocean. Best spot on that beach is a 30 min walk to the left of the beach away from beach no 1. Its worth the walk, look for sands with heaps of empty shells as they give away their camping ground. Ive collected pipis from sumer right through to winter and its always the rising tide that helps me bag out for bait.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:22 am

Thanks for the question and thanks for the answer too kenie. I went last weekend for a family drive and the kids loved collecting the 15 or so pippies we got around the flags at beach one. We weren't there to collect pippies just we're taking the kids on the beach. I do plan on heading there for some fresh pippies one day though. The kids loved it!

nick

Post by nick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi

Sorry cant help with doyles rd but i was in inverloch 2 weeks ago and saw a massive whiting caught at pensioners point looked like a nice salmon but was a kg.

Then fished the channel on the sand flat near screw creek mouth. You have to drive through caravan park all the way to the end and walk out fished the incoming tide 2 hours before low for 4 nice whiting the biggest going 580 grams.

i used pipi i bought from springvale market i had used and frozen. I used a single paternoster with size 4 baitholder on 1 rod and size 2 long shank hook on other dropper about 40 cm dropper and 1 ounce tear drop sinker. Dont be worried if sinker drifts too much with current beach drops off quite quick there as long as you hold bottom should get something. You can pump bass yabbies in same area

I used a steel cage burley pot with gotcha whiting pellets about 20m of rope.

Last time i fished doyles rd we only got bay trout and mullet. But i did alright on trevally (bluebait) at stevies gutter(end of lees rd i think???) I think they get whiting there too.

Good luck and i look forward to your report

Nick

Delirium
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Delirium » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 am

Cross Dogs

Post by Cross Dogs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 am

It's been a good season for pipis. They can be found anywhere on rising or falling tide.
I launch my kayak from Doyles and personally wouldn't bother trying for whiting there. It is shallow and doesn't have any weed banks for them to live in. Stevies Gutter is the place to be for whiting and like Nick said, you have landbased access from the end of Lees Rd. Walk down the track 100m and turn right up the first track that comes off it then walk another 200m down to the estuary. Must go on low tide. No bass yabbies on that tiny beach though, but the pipis will do the trick.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”