Lake Tyers land based?

Varalicar

Lake Tyers land based?

Post by Varalicar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi guys.....
I'm going to Lake Tyers for Christmas holidays for 10 days, i don't have boat so I am need some help and advises on land based fishing?
Any good land based spots?What lures are the best for flatheads and bream?
Any advise will help me...
Thanks guys and Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Lake Tyers land based?

Post by mazman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2982829695
Daiwa double clutches and squidgy prawns worked for us, access was just a matter of picking a track with water access and walking the edges from there.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Up to a 6 inch soft plastic and anywhere you can get to the water. Look for weed patches in the sand in the shallows and cast next to them. Keep the SP on the bottom, slow roll or lift, lift, reel, wait. The flatties will bask in the warm, shallow water but srI'll like to be near some cover. Good luck.

brybry

Post by brybry » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:25 pm

If you are after big flatties, go with bigger plastics and slightly heavier than usual jig heads. 4 inch and bigger grubs and shad styles work well. No particular colour preference, my mate caught a 90cm on a very dark shad plastic, whilst I've caught them on white grubs and various others (not quite 90cms though).

I think you need to work through various styles and colours until you find one that works.

Hard bodies work well - double clutch profile, suspending or sinking as you want to stay on the or near the bottom as much as you can.

Having said that, big plastics will allow you to cover a larger area though which will be especially important if you are on foot.

There are plenty of sand flats at the bottom end that you can wade out on to that will get you to some nice water. Just be careful where you go, wear good shoes and polaroids so you can find the drop offs where flathead are likely to be lying. And watch out for tide changes!

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Is Tyers Open at the moment?

Keenfisho

Post by Keenfisho » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Motor oil zman 2.5 inch grubs did all the damage last time I was there. I caught a 85cm flatty on that plastic. Have a walk around and try to find some drop offs and you should have no trouble getting a feed

Varalicar

Post by Varalicar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Thanks a lot guys....i will post some photos when i came back...hopefully with some big lizards :)
Cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Good luck mate! Hope you get some nice sized ones :thumbsup:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Keenfisho wrote:Motor oil zman 2.5 inch grubs did all the damage last time I was there. I caught a 85cm flatty on that plastic. Have a walk around and try to find some drop offs and you should have no trouble getting a feed
I have to agree the Zman in Motor oil work great as well at Bemm River for Bream & Flatties :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”