Lakes Entrance news

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Lakes Entrance news

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Bit of a catch up on the state of play in Lakes.
Weather has been shocking. Only fine days I have been at work, mostly surveying the entrance for the dredge. The dredge should finish tomorrow.
Had the largest surf running on the bar that I have seen in many years Sunday and Monday. 6mtrs swell at 15 seconds period on the wave rider buoy. That is a very big long swell. By the time it was breaking on the bar it was a lot higher than that. It was breaking in 10mtrs of water no wind just a huge sea from a low out in the Tasman.

Fishing:
Been 3 weeks since I was last offshore, was still plenty of pinkies at the 4 mile. Missed getting out over the full moon due to work, however there were quite a lot of gummies being cleaned at the ramp.
Went fishing in the lake today, tried for the KGW and they were there. Woohoo it is on. 8 KGW in about an hour very nice feed for dinner. No big ones 29cm-34cm
I see the water temp offshore hit 15.4c today so we are back to spring conditions, the big snapper should be here any day now. The Lake was 16 on my sounder so well worth a look for flatties if I get sick of KGWs.
:super:
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

chris srsc

Re: Lakes Entrance news

Post by chris srsc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Bet it will be busy this long weekend
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Lakes Entrance news