KGW Lakes entrance area

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Re: KGW Lakes entrance area

Post by re-tyred » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Well had a couple of weeks away in Tassie. Arrived home Wednesday so thought I would see if the KGW were still about today.. Was a busy day at the boat ramp. Just me. Water temp was 10.8c not another boat out at 8am. Quick 15 minute run in the cold up to Nungurner area. They were a bit slow but managed 8 KGW in about 4hrs, place to myself. Not any big ones all around 30-32cm, Chucked a couple of sub 30cm back.
Attachments
IMG_20150626_143041.jpg
IMG_20150626_074336.jpg
Last edited by re-tyred on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Some nice fish there!
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Gday
Thanks for the pics of the kgw (im jealous).
Was thinking of going to lakes this week with the kids , and prob staying at nowa nowa for a few days and was going to try the burnt bridge rd area was wondering if anyone knows if the tracks are still accessible (not 4wd) and how the area is doing for fishing as I didn't want to try lake tyers as I reckon it will be busy in the holidays.. any info would be appreciated.
regards Jason :r

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Well went back today. Water temp was 10c. 7am freezing cold. Two small KGW I threw them back. A few Bulleye gurnard, plenty of toadies. So donuts to take home. Time to change tactics. Have salmon and snapper in my sights now. Clean the boat up put it on a new trailer and then it is offshore on the good days and stay home in front of the fire on the crap days. Plenty of bream being caught in Lake Tyers, but I can't get motivated by them. Old fish that just don't eat well. I will leave them be for the bream tragics
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”