Afew squid from rye

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
cantcatchem

Afew squid from rye

Post by cantcatchem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Headed down to Rye last night for the annual pilgrimige to the In-laws and managed to get out with the brother in law this morning for a few squid
3 jan 2018.JPG
3 jan 2018.JPG (99.43 KiB) Viewed 2073 times

Sinsemilla

Re: Afew squid from rye

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Good work mate, nice size! boat or pier? I fished Rye yesterday for squid around the fort and a bit before the fort on the south channel sand i think its called? only standard little ones. no decent sized squid to be seen.

Anth

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Good work mate, nice size! boat or pier? I fished Rye yesterday for squid around the fort and a bit before the fort on the south channel sand i think its called? only standard little ones. no decent sized squid to be seen.

Anth
Western port if you want decent squid ;-)

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Good work mate, nice size! boat or pier? I fished Rye yesterday for squid around the fort and a bit before the fort on the south channel sand i think its called? only standard little ones. no decent sized squid to be seen.

Anth
Hey mate, it was probably closer to Tootgarook, it is not really my area but my brother in-law lives there and knows all the spots, we were in about 7 meters of water, that's all I can really add, sorry Bro, but those 2 jigs did the damage foor me, my bro bagged out with similar colors :thumbsup:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:46 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:

Anth
Western port if you want decent squid ;-)
The whiting don't mind the lolly pop squid.. nor do the kings! I usually get a few good sized ones in the mix but yesterday they were all tiny apart from a fat angry cuttle fish that followed a couple squid to my jig and pushed them out of the way!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:48 pm

cantcatchem wrote:

Anth
Hey mate, it was probably closer to Tootgarook, it is not really my area but my brother in-law lives there and knows all the spots, we were in about 7 meters of water, that's all I can really add, sorry Bro, but those 2 jigs did the damage foor me, my bro bagged out with similar colors :thumbsup:
I tried a bit deeper but the wind picked up and the drift was way too fast. so ended the sesh with a few whiting and a sus in the heads for kings

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:

Anth
I tried a bit deeper but the wind picked up and the drift was way too fast. so ended the sesh with a few whiting and a sus in the heads for kings
Yeah, we only fish with fresh squid strips down there when chasing whiting, my bro has been getting some nice whiting near Blairgowrie if that helps

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah they love fresh squid and some good burley! Cheers for that mate

Anth

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:54 pm

A couple of nice size ones there

Lightningx
Bluefin