blairgowrie pier report 14/03/16

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
AnthonyC

blairgowrie pier report 14/03/16

Post by AnthonyC » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Had a brief session with 2 others from 10am - 2pm after a disappointing morning spinning gunnamatta. 2 small squid (20cm hood) caught on black 2.5 size jigs, a few other squid visible in the water but too timid to take a variety of colours tried (blue, red, green, black, white) even with burn and kill retrieves. Few small banjo sharks caught by others running paternosters into the weed on the right side up top. Lots of ink marks on the pier so must have been a few catches lately.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: blairgowrie pier report 14/03/16

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 pm

At least you caught a couple :)

Bar002811

Re: blairgowrie pier report 14/03/16

Post by Bar002811 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:19 pm

Lightningx wrote:At least you caught a couple :)
Mate blairgowrie pier is one of my best love piers for whiting and squid in the peninsula I think it has good flathead and snapper potential to the first pier I ever fished was that one and I used fresh whitebait and I caught acouple of whiting for a feed for me and my mate because I was staying around there the rig was a general rig and bread burly it was at night also caught a puffer fish well by the first pier I mean when I was young like years ago I've always liked breakwall and rock fishing better though. :thumbsup: :a_goodjob:

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”