Which of these 3 egi rods would you chose?

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Which of these 3 egi rods would you chose?

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:42 pm

ducky wrote:
fishingvic wrote:
ducky wrote:Was gonna say I can sell you a brand new solpara for $120 but I see you’re in SA. I bought it for the missus but the butt is a touch too long for her and I cbf cutting it down.

How's the Solpara Ducky?
I've had an X-ride for about 5 years now and it's been awesome!
I haven’t used this one but a mates got one and seems pretty good. A bit light to handle salmon on trolled slugs in between catching squid compared to my caiyen but fairly nice to wield on the squid.
What size is it. Might be keen if it's a short boat model.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:02 pm

832 man.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 pm

Ah blast. Thanks anyway.
Just tell her to get used to it. It does annoy me as well so I can sorta relate to it. Specially when it gets tangled in the damn lifejacket straps

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 pm

purple5ive wrote:Ah blast. Thanks anyway.
Just tell her to get used to it. It does annoy me as well so I can sorta relate to it. Specially when it gets tangled in the damn lifejacket straps
She’s still upset I sold a cork handled short butt 6’6 Catana 6 years ago. Apparently that was her rod and she hates these split grips... Lol. From memory I got $30 for it.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 pm

ducky wrote:
She’s still upset I sold a cork handled short butt 6’6 Catana 6 years ago. Apparently that was her rod and she hates these split grips... Lol. From memory I got $30 for it.
Hunt around. I seen one still brand new with tags in a shop about a month ago. I've bloody forgotten where though

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Aren't the tcurves very similar in shape?

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm

cobby wrote:
ducky wrote:
Hunt around. I seen one still brand new with tags in a shop about a month ago. I've bloody forgotten where though
If you remember let me know lol. She’d fishes maybe twice a year yet still hates me for selling “her” rod

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 pm

EGINewbie wrote:
dazz999 wrote:mate for the jetty 8ft plus is a bonus i have 3 egi rods solpara sps-832e just a great rod to use the ns blackholes i can comment on but if you really love catching squid spend the extra buck,s and grab a emeraldas there fantastic i have the emeraldas mx 86ml and can not fault it the other rod i have is 9ft
dazz999 what do you find are the differences between the solpara and the emeraldas? I only really set the budget at $150 as I have very little experience and figured for my level it should be fine but I am of the mindset buy right buy once so would be willing to buy the emeraldas or sephia bb if I thought there were a big enough difference between them.
the squid dont know any difference . The blank,s are different between the two i,m no expert on rods but think the emeraldas has more graphite so it,s much crisper it,s just so much more responsive and fun to use it extra buck,s but trust me you will love it go to your local tackle shop and have a feel of one make sure its the ml not the mh if egi is just a passing phase grab a solpara etc

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Defenitely get the ML as dazz has suggested. The MH model is a lot stiffer.
83ML emeraldas is a great all rounder egi rod. And also casts a 20gm slug a mile..

EGINewbie

Post by EGINewbie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 pm

purple5ive wrote:Defenitely get the ML as dazz has suggested. The MH model is a lot stiffer.
83ML emeraldas is a great all rounder egi rod. And also casts a 20gm slug a mile..
Found these how do they compare?

Daiwa Emeraldas EGI 83M-DA 8'4" - wt 2.5-4.0 $189

Return to “Squid Fishing”