PPB Calamari Spots/Times?

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
Gummysmasher

Re: PPB Calamari Spots/Times?

Post by Gummysmasher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Gummysmasher wrote:hi guys, going out on sunday in port phillip for some eating size squid. I usually fish westernport but wanted to change it up so thought id give port phillip a go in our new bar crusher! I know what I'm looking for as in the sandy and weedy bottoms but if anyone could head my in the right direction and what times that would be awesome. (any gps marks are welcome as well in exchange for westernport marks) :-D
where are you launching from?

If Carrum head north to Ricketts point or south to Olivers hill. I havent tried to get squid over the artifical reefs, but there is no reason that they won't be there.

If Mornington, go south along the cliff faces, fossil beach is not a bad spot. or head north, sunny side or just around moorings.

If Rye, just in front of the boat ramp. drift until you find them.

I find the colour jig that works sometimes depends on if is sunny or overcast. We drifted over one spot when it was overcast and not a squid, the sun comes out and we caught a few.

The thing to remember is that squid move around a fair bit, and can be found in patches as well as singularly.

cheers mate :victory:

Return to “Squid Fishing”