GanCraft jigs

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

GanCraft jigs

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 am

I have a few high quality gan craft jigs and on some of them the hooks are so badly rusted that they are useless. With rod tips it is easy to replace the tip, by heating the tip so that the glue melts and then pulling the old tip off and putting a new one on.

So as an experiment and seeing that the high quality jigs were useless as they were, I heated the barb area carefully, and managed to pull of the rusted barbs. if that had failed, I was going to try some acetone next.

Now all I need to do is find some barbs to put back on the high quality Gan Craft jigs and I will then have two more high quality jigs, with rust proof barbs.

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Re: GanCraft jigs

Post by canned_tuna » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:55 am

I fish fairly often on the squid and have an array of quality jigs for them. I have a number of gancraft jigs and find that the crowns begin rusting even prior to usage! I find them overrated and find other brands of jigs much more successful and of better construction

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 am

I think Rui sells replacement crowns. Its dissapointing that Gancraft crowns rust soo easily. I was told this and paid special attention to my gancraft jigs, They still rusted.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

Agreed with above. Better jigs can be had for less money. I've owned a few gancrafts and have never been a fan.

Return to “Squid Fishing”