Help required on Mornington Fishing

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
FishSamFish

Re: Help required on Mornington Fishing

Post by FishSamFish » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

cdrolly wrote:Plenty of options mate but i usually settle for one rod with a paternoster double drop and the other with a running sinker set up (make sure the sinker is lower than your bait) hooks 2/0 to 4/0 circle hooks either Owners or Black magics :) Bait Squid heads, Silver Whiting then Pilchards... In that order. Take a squid lure and flick around for the freshest bait they all over Mornington just look for the ink marks on the jetty :) Good luck bro and will probably see you out there as me and mrs frequent Mornington alot... might as well move there :)
just a heads up..you know this is a year old thread xD -> it hasn't been posted in since 09/12/11 :p

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 pm

FishSamFish wrote:
cdrolly wrote:Plenty of options mate but i usually settle for one rod with a paternoster double drop and the other with a running sinker set up (make sure the sinker is lower than your bait) hooks 2/0 to 4/0 circle hooks either Owners or Black magics :) Bait Squid heads, Silver Whiting then Pilchards... In that order. Take a squid lure and flick around for the freshest bait they all over Mornington just look for the ink marks on the jetty :) Good luck bro and will probably see you out there as me and mrs frequent Mornington alot... might as well move there :)
just a heads up..you know this is a year old thread xD -> it hasn't been posted in since 09/12/11 :p
HAHAH and that's what you get for not checking the dates :) I guess I probably wont see him out there then :P Thanks for the heads up

marone

Post by marone » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for your post though.

You'll probably see me out there. Just look for the bloke fishing just the way you said.

Cheers

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:30 pm

gonefishing wrote:Thanks mate! Good info...

BTW can anyone advise me which rig should I use for surfcasting from the beaches around mornington?
Head to Gunnamatta, (top of trumans road), and fire some of those slugs in the photo...if you cover enough ground you should pick up a couple of sambos..

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”