Day of fun at Mornington

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Foofoo

Day of fun at Mornington

Post by Foofoo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Hey guys. Headed out in a boat from mornington boat hire taking advantage of the deal that was put up by Brett. Had a super fun day catching squid. Caught about 12 in total with a couple of big ones. Then headed to another spot to try for some snapper. Didn't manage to get any but small flathead seems to be in abundance. Caught 4 flathead that was between 30-35cm. The owner of the boat hire, Paul is a top bloke. Told us where to go and had some really good advice from him. Highly recommended if you don't have a boat and would want to do some boat fishing.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Day of fun at Mornington

Post by bowl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 am

great catch, good stuff
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Sounds great mate. I want to give it a crack this weekend. Do have a boat license?
I dont so im just curious what the boats are like that one isnt necessary. From i can see they just have less power?

Cheers

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm

You don't need to have a boat license. We rented the polycraft the last time and I think it was good enough to get you to the snapper grounds in good time. Last week I went out with friends in a halfcab and because it was a bigger boat it did feel like it was less power. But either way, I think they get the job done pretty well. On top of that, Paul is a top bloke and will let u know which marks are producing. Have a nice time! I wish I could go one more time before I fly off on sunday but I still have some headaches trying to sell the car.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Great . I will call them tomorrow.

Goodluck selling the car mate

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”