Mt.Martha rocks 9-11-2013..

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Rada

Re: Mt.Martha rocks 9-11-2013..

Post by Rada » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:44 am

Garfish001 , LOVE to catch a snapper off mt martha just dont know where and when.but your right its a beutiful place especially on sunset on a calm night.ps how do I reply to your post and get the rply box "rada wrote" like you have done. Im new to this. Cheers

slotzz

Post by slotzz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 am

Rada wrote:ps how do I reply to your post and get the rply box "rada wrote" like you have done. Im new to this. Cheers
If using a computer/internet browser:
Notice the QUOTE button on the bottom right corner of any post? Click on that and it will take you to the Full Reply screen where the person's post is within quote brackets. From there it's as simple as making sure your cursor is after the last quote bracket to make sure your reply isn't typed in the middle of the quoted post.

If using Tapatalk app:
Click on the post you would like to 'quote' and it should become hi-lighted. While highlighted, at the top there is a 'text box' icon, select that and it will take you to the reply screen and then just type what you need to after the quote bracket.

Hope that made sense... 5:30am is stooopid o'clock to me so going back to snooze haha

Pupp

Post by Pupp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 am

nhillboy wrote: il. Looks like dreams don't come true, ohh well next time maybe when i see Martha again...

:

Not your fault mate. Still a little early for the schnapps down here. Wait till mid-late November early December when they make they're way down.

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 am

Rada wrote:I always bag out on garfish on mt matha rocks but never seen anyone catch a snapper, must be in the wrong spot. Oh ps, also got my car broken into there a while back but a great place to fish and snokel.
Hi Rada, your not in the wrong spot. The times I have been to the rocks on calm days during the warmer months nearly every fisho is chasing gars or whiting. The snapper fishos are there when it is on the rough side.
Pupp, yeah it might be a touch early. Usually Nov & Dec I start to get a snap or 2 in the past.
And yes, Martha rocks is a magical beautiful fishing location. Has one of the best sunsets around.

Rada

Post by Rada » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 am

slotzz wrote:
Rada wrote:ps how do I reply to your post and get the rply box "rada wrote" like you have done. Im new to this. Cheers
If using a computer/internet browser:
Notice the QUOTE button on the bottom right corner of any post? Click on that and it will take you to the Full Reply screen where the person's post is within quote brackets. From there it's as simple as making sure your cursor is after the last quote bracket to make sure your reply isn't typed in the middle of the quoted post.

If using Tapatalk app:
Click on the post you would like to 'quote' and it should become hi-lighted. While highlighted, at the top there is a 'text box' icon, select that and it will take you to the reply screen and then just type what you need to after the quote bracket.

Hope that made sense... 5:30am is stooopid o'clock to me so going back to snooze haha
Thanks for that.:-):-):-) :bounce:

Rada

Post by Rada » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 am

nhillboy wrote:
Rada wrote:I always bag out on garfish on mt matha rocks but never seen anyone catch a snapper, must be in the wrong spot. Oh ps, also got my car broken into there a while back but a great place to fish and snokel.
Hi Rada, your not in the wrong spot. The times I have been to the rocks on calm days during the warmer months nearly every fisho is chasing gars or whiting. The snapper fishos are there when it is on the rough side.
Pupp, yeah it might be a touch early. Usually Nov & Dec I start to get a snap or 2 in the past.
And yes, Martha rocks is a magical beautiful fishing location. Has one of the best sunsets around.
Cheers nhillboy, never fished there rough weather. Usually I fishing where theres that bus shelter. Ill give it a try.would love to be there now but working.have a good one. :a_goodjob:

Jvass

Post by Jvass » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Mt. Martha's indeed is a wonderful place to fish and it can be productive at times with big reds coming on the bite. It's just a matter of being there at the right time with the right conditions. I've landed half a dozen fish there this year ranging 3-6kgs. I have to say though (and that's mainly the reason of my post) that I'm sick and tired of collecting rubbish that some other people leave behind after a fishing session. I'm talking about plastic bags, cans, tangled lines, used hooks, beer bottles (usually shattered). ciggarette packets, you name it. It's disrespectful, disgusting and sad to say the least and for me whoever behaves like that shouldn't be called a fisherman.

Steff

Post by Steff » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 pm

I fished mt.martha rocks in Feb this year with those k-mart special gillies.
Had absolutly no luck after about 300 casts!
So i went fishing on her birthday, .. Hey! She'll have another one!

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Jvass wrote:Mt. Martha's indeed is a wonderful place to fish and it can be productive at times with big reds coming on the bite. It's just a matter of being there at the right time with the right conditions. I've landed half a dozen fish there this year ranging 3-6kgs. I have to say though (and that's mainly the reason of my post) that I'm sick and tired of collecting rubbish that some other people leave behind after a fishing session. I'm talking about plastic bags, cans, tangled lines, used hooks, beer bottles (usually shattered). ciggarette packets, you name it. It's disrespectful, disgusting and sad to say the least and for me whoever behaves like that shouldn't be called a fisherman.
So true Jvass, I always take a couple of plastic bags with me to collect the mess the pigs leave behind. Hopefully they don't ever catch a fish and hence don't return again...wait till the summer holidays start, you will fill a dump truck with all the rubbish left on the rocks... :cheers:

Rada

Post by Rada » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 am

Its a bloody disgrace, how many times have I collect empty bait packets. ...

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”