Mt.Martha rocks tourist PIGS!!

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
nhillboy

Mt.Martha rocks tourist PIGS!!

Post by nhillboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Had a fish at Martha rocks Wed 9th Jan 5am-9am, rough choppy 20-25 knt SW. Very blowy, cold, sometimes wet and i was right in my element.Very disappointing again, no pinkys??? what the f%#k!!! water was clean blue not stirred up (dirty brown) and no weed anywhere. Only landed and released 1 salmon about 23cm and 1 red gurnard 30cm. Mainly used blue bait and calamari with size2 and 1/0 hooks x2 3.6mt surf rods.
MY RANT FOR TODAY........ :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat:
What did **** me off was the amount of rubbish left all over the rocks by tourist holiday makers that call themselves fishermen. Bloody hell do they give a stuff about their fishing location, not really. I guess i will never run into them since i fish only choppy conditions at the rocks. From the evidence left behind they were targeting whiting and gars. Would have been hundreds of pipi shells everwhere, why not throw them in the water as burley. I filled 1 large bag with bait packets, cig pkts, drink cans and plastic bottles, chocolate wrappers, rags, bread pkts etc. No beer bottles to collect 'cause the arse wipes decided to smash them all on the rocks, glass and cig butts everywhere. The council has put a large green rubbish bin along side the bus shelter next to the path. I at least feel good the crap got binned and not swept into the bay. I do hope Karma bites these pigs big time. THAT IS MY RANT........ :cheers: :super:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Mt.Martha rocks tourist PIGS!!

Post by CarlG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Welcome to the peninsula during summer mate. Your beginning to see how the locals feel..

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 pm

I for one want to thank you nhillboy for picking up all that rubbish and putting it in the bin.

I really appreciate it as a fellow fisho.

Thanks mate

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm

CarlG wrote:Welcome to the peninsula during summer mate. Your beginning to see how the locals feel..
You're spot on Carl, this happens at the rocks every summer. I'm sure it happens at most other peninsula fishing locations as well.

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm

SFP Chick wrote:I for one want to thank you nhillboy for picking up all that rubbish and putting it in the bin.

I really appreciate it as a fellow fisho.

Thanks mate
Thanks Amanda. Being one of my regular fishing spots i couldn't just leave and go home without cleaning up.

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm

oh, totally understand.

I am getting a bit sick of the bum wrap everywhere in the scrub at Eastern View. I'm not picking that up though, could have "chocolate coloured fire crackers" in it !!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Whilst in summer there tends to be more anglers, I still find rubbish being left behind is a problem all throughout the year.

Sadly many people who should know better do not dispose of their rubbish properly.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Well done nhillboy for picking it up but you shouldn't have to and Wolly right this sort of stuff happens throughout the year, some people just don't give a stuff
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm

It seems to be the chrismas gift all locals get from tourists this time of a year, 'The bags of rubbish, the gift that keeps on giving !..lol', yeah it's anoying !, good on you for picking it up and binning it.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:58 pm

I feel you nhillboy. Been on the same situation many times. Last time I fished Webb Dock in Port Melbourne, I picked up 2 bagfuls of rubbish. While I hate picking them up, if others see me cleaning up after them, they might one day realize they are pigs.

If the greenies see me cleaning up, then they may come to realize not every fisho is their enemy.

Some idiots even burn their rubbish on wooden piers. Looked at Lagoon pier, charred here and there.

Last Oct 2012, I was fishing webb dock area when a family of about 8 males came, ages from 8 to 88 years old. They set up beside me, brought out their picnic gears, sausages, drinks, stove and frying pan, etc etc. They were speaking english and another language I can't decipher. Noisy buggers so I left. The next day, I returned to the same place and saw what the pig family left behind - empty sausage trays, empty methane/butane canisters, empty bottles, table napkins, plastic bags, burnt out bonfire and to make matters worse, the smell of urine was everywhere. While I was waiting for a bite, I put on a pair of gloves and picked up their mess. Pigs like them dont deserve to be here in Australia. They should return to whatever planet they came from.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”